2013 itineraries??

psyfi

Has anyone heard anything about when the Jan 2013 itineraries are going to be posted? I know several months ago I heard Dec 2011 or Jan 2012 and they said they would email when they are up, but the suspense is killing me! We've been booked on a Ocean Princess 10 day for 7 months already but I don't want to "commit" to it as I am hoping to switch to PG, itinerary permitting!

Do you have a travel agent? My agent was able to book me before the dates were published on the website. I'm an early "booker"...always dogging my agent to book as soon as the itineraries come out ( of all sorts of trips). I know we shouldn't talk TA' s here, but it's worth a shot if you know/have a good one.

I think they have had a nude cruise before some years ago - I recall a waiter telling us that the guests had to sit on covered sofas.

I too am ticked that the new itineraries havent come out yet. A whole bunch of my friends have decided to book the Marina as the prices are really good for Jan 2013 while I have to wait for the PG schedule. I am sure the PG will lose some good bookings with this.

We wanted to let you know that we have our preliminary itineraries set for 2013 and are in the process of finalizing pricing before making a public announcement. We would be happy to take your name and contact information so that we can be in touch with you just as soon as they are available. Please contact our reservation department at 1.800.848.6172. Thank you for your interest in Paul Gauguin Cruises!

We wanted to let you know that we have our preliminary itineraries set for 2013 and are in the process of finalizing pricing before making a public announcement. We would be happy to take your name and contact information so that we can be in touch with you just as soon as they are available. Please contact our reservation department at 1.800.848.6172. Thank you for your interest in Paul Gauguin Cruises!

I'm on the list already, but thanks for the offer!

Thanks, but I am on the list - and can hardly wait!

Cheers,

Lorna

• 2 weeks later...

the email they sent me said it would be finalized by the end of march.

I am surprised they wait so long. I have a crystal crusied booked in january and if I can lock in award airfares in early february I will and PG won't even be on the radar as an option. It is not like they are the first to go out on a limb with prices since all the other lines have theres out.

I called recently to find out when the 2013 schedule would be out as well and I was told the same “March to April” which is crazy!!!! Personally, that is a little concerning to me and I think there has to be more to the delay then them just trying to complete their schedules. Wouldn’t you always be working on new schedules? Did someone fell asleep for about 6 months on the job? There is no other cruise line out there that puts their schedules out just 8 mths before a cruise. They have to know that everyday that goes by people are moving on and booking other trips and they are losing business. People can't just sit around and wait till they work their issues.

Has anyone heard anything about when the Jan 2013 itineraries are going to be posted? I know several months ago I heard Dec 2011 or Jan 2012 and they said they would email when they are up, but the suspense is killing me! We've been booked on a Ocean Princess 10 day for 7 months already but I don't want to "commit" to it as I am hoping to switch to PG, itinerary permitting!

Good morning,

We wanted to let you know that we have our preliminary itineraries set for 2013 and are in the process of finalizing pricing before making a public announcement. We would be happy to take your name and contact information so that we can be in touch with you just as soon as they are available. Please contact our reservation department at 1.800.848.6172. Thank you for your interest in Paul Gauguin Cruises.

I appreciate your message that the schedule is in process and understand that you are just the messenger. The reality is that in order for many of us to plan our vacation time from work and the funds needed to take these vacations, we need as much notice as possible. Many of us, myself included, are sitting with a large number of frequent flyer miles that I will use for my next trip. Availability is quite limited and we need to make these reservations 330 days in advance which is when award tickets become available.

Please pass along to your company that you are losing business by delaying these announcements.

On a similar note, what is the status of the second ship that PG has announced??

Thanks FlightMedic - my thoughts exactly.

Has PG cruises become another one of those lines which have wonderful on board service but really bad reservation and pre cruise services? Must say I am VERY disappointed with this turn of events. And then to get that stock reply twice in a row from the responder is putting salt in my wounds. They should learn from Bill Leiber on the Azamara board who really makes a effort to respond in a meaningful way resolving issues and not shelving them.

Have to wonder whether its something to do with the Lease on the ship.... was that to come up in three years which would make it 2013 Jan instead of 5 years ( which I thought it was?) DH was right in telling me that we need to enjoy PG when we possibly can as the good days may end anytime!

The only thing I can say to PG cruises is that the prices better be really good or they should give us a hefty OBC after this long and irritating wait. Patience is running thin now!

On that note, has anyone done the yacht charters like tahiti yacht charters or the moorings - since we are doing a honeymoon thought it might be nice alternative since PG can't seem to get their house in order for 2013.

Unfortunately, we couldn't wait. We've booked our destination for next winter and it won't include a cruise. Not only did we not have the option of waiting around for a PG cruise, it seems like other lines we want to go with have fewer and fewer itineraries that we want to sail on. It could be back to land vacations for awhile, and we'll wait and see if the cruise companies can make it through whatever difficulties they are encountering.

They have only one ship, with only a few repeating itineraries, and can't get prices done for long time. These employees must be fired !!! Well, even if prices come out, I guess they are much more expensive than 2 years ago when they just started without Regent shelter. No more waiting, I already booked with Crystal for 2013.

Scandun,

I beg to differ with respect to prices. I paid slightly more in 2004 for a 7 nighter than I paid last year for the 10 nighter. Not only that I got a hefty OBC and only the Amex Plat OBC with Regent.

Its really sad that they are losing a lot of customers. I love the PG product and I will hold out for the itineraries and prices but many new comers wont - they dont know what they are missing. Its also unfair to people who want to use their FF miles so I am angry about the delay in the pricing.

I have only been on Regent/Azamara/Oceania/RCCL/Celebrity and Norwegian and I can say that in terms of service the PG is night and day above any of them. Some of the old Regent employees still offer PG type service but this is at best inconsistent. The only line from those above that comes close to the PG in terms of service is Azamara.

They have a new acquisition - so now have two ships. If they offer PG type service would love to see those itineraries,

Emdee,

Oceania has a jan 16 itinerary out for 11 days including the taumotus. You said you have been on oceania before - how do they compare with regard to cabins and food to PG. I realize the marina is a much large ship which has its advantages but is also a disadvantage in access in FP. But right now it is an option whereas PG is not.

thank you

Hi Lonedaddy,

my friends have all booked on the Oceania cruise as they couldnt wait for PG.

I havent been on Marina.

The reason why the PG is the BEST ship to sail on in FP ( IMO) is because its small and it can navigate the areas better.

If you send me an email to miriamdcunhaatyahoodotca I will wax eloquent about the PG and also send you comments from someone who has been on both marina and the pg.

Scandun,

I beg to differ with respect to prices. I paid slightly more in 2004 for a 7 nighter than I paid last year for the 10 nighter. Not only that I got a hefty OBC and only the Amex Plat OBC with Regent.

Its really sad that they are losing a lot of customers. I love the PG product and I will hold out for the itineraries and prices but many new comers wont - they dont know what they are missing. Its also unfair to people who want to use their FF miles so I am angry about the delay in the pricing.

I have only been on Regent/Azamara/Oceania/RCCL/Celebrity and Norwegian and I can say that in terms of service the PG is night and day above any of them. Some of the old Regent employees still offer PG type service but this is at best inconsistent. The only line from those above that comes close to the PG in terms of service is Azamara.

They have a new acquisition - so now have two ships. If they offer PG type service would love to see those itineraries,

I was comparing apple to apple. Two years ago, when PG left Regent, we took an 11 nighter cook islands ( we never reached cook islands though due to cyclone ) and paid B cabin for 3 total less than 10300 usd, including tax and excluding air. At that time, 3rd passenger in cabin was free. Now if you look at the same itinerary, even without 3rd passenger, it is 30% higher. Is this not too much increase ?

Hello Emdee,

We are also looking at cruising Fiji possibly with PG if not Oceania or princess possibly March 2013. i attempted to send you an email for more comments and the email listed doesn't seem to work ????

We have never been to the south pacific and very excited about all the positive comments regarding PG.

Donna

Archived