Changing times of reservations ?

jorich

I've just made my dining reservations 41 days in advance (missed the 45 day opening, busy with Christmas !) & the only reservation I can get in Jacque on any night is at 6.30. I have booked that time but it is much too early for us to eat - we prefer 8.30 or 8 at the earliest. What are the chances of being able to change the time once on board ? Also all the sea days were fully booked in all the restaurants, do they keep some tables back to book on board or is that it ?

As a 1st time Oceania I would appreciate some guidance.

I've just made my dining reservations 41 days in advance (missed the 45 day opening, busy with Christmas !) & the only reservation I can get in Jacque on any night is at 6.30. I have booked that time but it is much too early for us to eat - we prefer 8.30 or 8 at the earliest. What are the chances of being able to change the time once on board ? Also all the sea days were fully booked in all the restaurants, do they keep some tables back to book on board or is that it ?

Lyn is correct, you'll want to continue checking online, right up to your sailing date.

They do hold some tables back, but as you can imagine, the demand for early versus late reservations fluctuates wildly, depending on where the ships are in the World, and they sometimes wind up with a glut of one or the other.

Sea days are a perennial favorite, regardless of itinerary.

If you seriously intend to make or change your reservations once you are on the ship, I'd suggest that you make it a point to get onto the ship as soon as you possibly can and make that your first priority.

When you check onto the ship, confirm where they are "doing" the restaurant reservations, as the location can vary.

Enjoy your cruise! :D

This is one reason why I spent a few extra dollars to book Concierge but, even at that, I could only book 6:30 for Jacques. And, that was 60 days out.But I did get all four reservations and the rest are at 7:30. I managed to grab La Reserve which is a bit of an indulgence.

Hi how and where do you make reservations online? And how far out are you allowed. If I book for 7.30pm does that give us time to make the entertainment?

Go to Oceania's website go to already booked

Have your booking number ready look for dining reservation link

If you are within the time frame it will give you the time slots available for the restaurant you select

When ...depends on your cabin category

Online Reservation close at 14 days from sailing date

Dinner can last 2-3 hrs so you may make the show usually they start 9:30 to 9:45pm

Hi how and where do you make reservations online? And how far out are you allowed. If I book for 7.30pm does that give us time to make the entertainment?

Reservations are made at Oceaniacruises.com, and how far out you may make them is dependent on the accommodations that you have reserved.

When to make your reservations:

Your booking must be paid in full.

The online dining reservation system closes 7 days prior to your sailing's embarkation date.

Owner's and Vista Suites can make reservations 90 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.

Penthouse Suites can make reservations 75 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.

Concierge Level Veranda staterooms can make reservations 60 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.

Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms can make reservations 45 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.

The shows generally start 9:30ish.

Just home from Marina. Here's a bit more detail.

The day you board, you'll be directed to one of three locations depending on whether or not you're holding a black or gold (various suites), silver (concierge level), or white room card (staterooms). You may be able to make some changes in your reservations depending on availability. Boarding day is the last time you'll be able to make in-advance changes/reservations. After that, you convert to a day-by-day situation. Again, with a little luck and some flexibility, you'll often be able to make some adjustments in reserations.

On level 5, you'll find a desk marked "reservations" that is staffed from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 or 6:00 p.m. Go to this staffer no later than 9:00 a.m. daily to see what has become available for that day. Incidentally, if there are any limits to the number of times you can dine in a restaurant based on your level of accommocation, this restriction disappears on day-of reservations.

Archived