Please help....confused!

cruisecrazy82

Going on the Fantasy in a few weeks and I can't seem to find the answer to my question anywhere. I know the rules with re-booking on-board and with the FCC's, but here's where my question lies.....While we are on-board I already have a cruise that I actually plan on booking. Now, I want to book another one as well however the remainder of 2013 has yet to be released so my question is am I able to re-book a cruise AND buy an FCC for the one in the later part of 2013? I would go ahead and book it as well but I can't for obvious reason:p Is there any limit or stipulation about doing both???? TIA!:D

You can even buy 10 FCCs and bring them home and book the one you know about and hold the others (good for 2 years, have to cruise within 3 years).

Maybe each ship is different, but on the Ecstasy in October, they would only sell one FCC per person in the cabin. Since it was the wife and I, we could only buy two.

Going on the Fantasy in a few weeks and I can't seem to find the answer to my question anywhere. I know the rules with re-booking on-board and with the FCC's, but here's where my question lies.....While we are on-board I already have a cruise that I actually plan on booking. Now, I want to book another one as well however the remainder of 2013 has yet to be released so my question is am I able to re-book a cruise AND buy an FCC for the one in the later part of 2013? I would go ahead and book it as well but I can't for obvious reason:p Is there any limit or stipulation about doing both???? TIA!:D

I dont have any answers for you but I just wanted to say I hope you have a wonderful cruise! The Fantasy was mine and DH first cruise in 2010 and it was fantastic. You will have a blast on the ship and in port!!!

Maybe each ship is different, but on the Ecstasy in October, they would only sell one FCC per person in the cabin. Since it was the wife and I, we could only buy two.

I think the sales people on your ship was confused. The whole purpose of the things is to give Carnival an interest free loan of your money. Why would they want to set a limit on how much you will give them?

There was a thread posted a few months ago talking about seeing a woman buying 17 FCCs like she was planning on spending some serious time at sea.

The whole purpose of the things is to give Carnival an interest free loan of your money.

I'm not a financial expert but if I pay Carnival $100 for a Future Cruise Voucher and they give me back the the $100 off my next booking PLUS $100 On-board credit on my next 7day cruise, please explain to me how this is an interest free loan.

I see it as a 100% return on my money. Perhaps I'm confused.

I'm not a financial expert but if I pay Carnival $100 for a Future Cruise Voucher and they give me back the the $100 off my next booking PLUS $100 On-board credit on my next 7day cruise, please explain to me how this is an interest free loan.

I think Carnival is planning on many of us losing our FCC or not using them - even though you can request a full refund prior to them expiring. I am just guessing this as I know how on some gift cards I misplace them or forget that I have them.

On the cruise we got off of on Friday the Future Cruise seminar even said we could purchase up to 10 FCC on board.

Maybe they changed the rules. I bought 5 more the last time I bought and already had quite a few, so I probably still have about 4 left of them so have not bought lately. but I've bought 5 at a time.

And brought them home. I bought mine on Conquest a while back.

Well, unless its a 5 day cruise, and you only got $50 OBC.

ect.

It shouldn't take a very smart person to figure out Carnival is profitting out of that $100 up front money. Or maybe it does.

Who would honestly think Carnival is doing it out of the goodness of their heart? No, they are doing it because they are making a profit of it, so like I said, why would they limit how many you can buy. I still say those sales people were confused and you should be able to buy as many as you want to.

That 100% in OBC cost them probably $10 to give you, but you have given them your money for up to 2 years to use. You can only use one per cabin, so if you buy 1 hundred of the things, they can look at selling 100 cabins. Not to mention the pure profit they get when someone forgets about the thing and never uses it.

It is a good deal for the customer if it is used. But again, it would make no sense for them to limit how many you can buy. The sales people on that ship had to be confused on the whole plan.

They are getting the $100 you pay up front. Yes they give it back to you plus the OBC but they are getting you back on a cruise that they are probably going to make more money off of you. Its a very smart business move on their part. Even though you can get a full refund, chances are you are either going to use it or forget about it. Either way, they are making $$.

Archived