Changing the reservation...Help?

Hey! I'm in need of a bit of help here, and I know this is the right place to come :).

I booked a 4-day cruise on the Monarch about two weeks ago. The plan was for my family (four of us) to share an oceanview cabin, which we booked on deck 8.

Today, however, I learned that my grandmother will be coming along as well. Oops. Now i'm unsure of what to do. If I call RCCL (I booked online) will they be able to keep my reservation and add a second stateroom and one more person? I think it's silly for my grandmother to pay the single supplement, so one of us would switch to the second cabin.

Should this create a problem? This will be my ninth cruise, but the first that I'VE booked. It's much more fun on the other side :D.

Hey! I'm in need of a bit of help here, and I know this is the right place to come :).

I booked a 4-day cruise on the Monarch about two weeks ago. The plan was for my family (four of us) to share an oceanview cabin, which we booked on deck 8.

Today, however, I learned that my grandmother will be coming along as well. Oops. Now i'm unsure of what to do. If I call RCCL (I booked online) will they be able to keep my reservation and add a second stateroom and one more person? I think it's silly for my grandmother to pay the single supplement, so one of us would switch to the second cabin.

Should this create a problem? This will be my ninth cruise, but the first that I'VE booked. It's much more fun on the other side :D.

Should not be an issue to add another cabin, ask them to link reservations so they know you are together.

I called them last week to change both the ship and the sailing date, just five days before final payment. They were very gracious and helpful. I had done a lot of research and had a cabin in mind, but Annie found a better cabin and we were able to book an aft balcony that had just become available. I was also using a Bank of America free companion fare; they had the coupon transferred and applied by the next day. The policy has changed since I booked the original cruise and the balcony discount is longer combinable with a BOA coupon, but because I had booked the original cruise before the change became effective, Annie had a supervisor do an override and made sure I received the balcony discount. In short, it was a very pleasant and positive experience to work with them.

Since you are not going for almost 5 months,you are well before final payment........so yes,you can make any changes....

and btw-4 in a MN OV would be kinda tight anyway..so it's better you are down to 3 in one,2 in another..

Archived