Walking distance from pier to Margaritaville

SuntanaGirl

How far is the walk from the Royal Walter Cruiseship Terminal to Margaritaville?

Is there any shopping or anything to do at this pier? We are scheduled to dock here in February and wanted to know what there is to do before we start our excursion.

Thanks!

How far is the walk from the Royal Walter Cruiseship Terminal to Margaritaville?

Is there any shopping or anything to do at this pier? We are scheduled to dock here in February and wanted to know what there is to do before we start our excursion.

Thanks!

Maybe 3-5 minutes? :D

The port area (all three terminals) are right in the middle of downtown, so there's lots of shopping nearby.

It is a very short walk like the previous poster stated. And also very entertaining.

You will first pass by a man with dreadlocks on the right selling shell necklaces. Once you ignore him, you will meet up with the short middle age lady wanting to braid your hair.

Turn right at the lady, take the stairs down go to the back of the shopping area, and there she is Margaritaville.

I would not walk alone, safety in numbers, and alot of cruisers go there so buddy up with someone.

Safe travels.

I'm sure I'm going to get the hair braiding thing a lot. I have long, dark brown hair so I'm doomed. I think I will keep it up under a hat or something. My husband will be with me and I'm sure we'll meet people on the ship. We are social people and don't mind talking to others.

My goal is to get my picture taken in front of all the Margaritavilles in the carribbean. I just went to Vegas and got my first one so now I have to get the other 3 while on our cruise to Cozumel, GC and MB Jamaica.

And when you come out of Royal Walter, hang right down the street and cross over. If you get to Breezes, you're a half block too far south. And don't forget to head up to the country store above the liquor store at RW for some great fresh made daily icecream. If he's making "creamy corn" that day, try a cone. Otherwise any of his fruit flavors are delish!:)

I shop on my own downtown regularly, while DH is snorkeling at Eden Rock, and have never felt unsafe, especially when there's a cruise ship (or ships) in port. In fact, I spent a whole week alone in Cayman in July, and had no issues or worries whatsoever. (Other than the fact that driving through a couple of the busier roundabouts is a little stressful, that is.) That's one of the reasons it's our favorite island... :D

It is a very short walk like the previous poster stated. And also very entertaining.

You will first pass by a man with dreadlocks on the right selling shell necklaces. Once you ignore him, you will meet up with the short middle age lady wanting to braid your hair.

Turn right at the lady, take the stairs down go to the back of the shopping area, and there she is Margaritaville.

I would not walk alone, safety in numbers, and alot of cruisers go there so buddy up with someone.

Safe travels.

Why would you want to ignore someone, that's rude of you. And it's very safe to walk around by yourself.

As others have said, Margaritaville is very close and there is lots and lots of shopping. Grand Cayman is on the expensive side so there are other ports that are cheaper. However, it is still fun to look through all the shops. You shouldn't feel unsafe at all. That area is one of the areas I've felt the most safe in and wouldn't hesitate walking around on my own. Of course, use the same precautions you would use when in any city.

Enjoy your time in GC

Why would you want to ignore someone, that's rude of you. And it's very safe to walk around by yourself.

If you would have seen the mad sellling two shell necklaces, you would have ignored him also.

My daughter was nervous, we just kept walking.

We did not go to get her hair braided, we just said "no thanks" and kept wallking.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Just a warning, we ate at Margaritaville the last time we were in Georgetown - the food is very,very expensive and the place is very loud. I think that they screw their customers by posting the menu in one currency, but charging you in US dollars.................the menu is very confusing and the waitresses act like they don't know the answer when you question them about the bill - be prepared to get snookered - we are going in 3 weeks and we will not eat at Margaritaville. But on a brighter note - I got a neat T-shirt there............Have fun!

Just a warning, we ate at Margaritaville the last time we were in Georgetown - the food is very,very expensive and the place is very loud. I think that they screw their customers by posting the menu in one currency, but charging you in US dollars.................the menu is very confusing and the waitresses act like they don't know the answer when you question them about the bill - be prepared to get snookered - we are going in 3 weeks and we will not eat at Margaritaville. But on a brighter note - I got a neat T-shirt there............Have fun!

Unless the menu states otherwise, pretty much all menus at restaurants in the Cayman Islands will show their prices in Cayman dollars...it *is* the official currency of the country, after all. :rolleyes: Some stores that cater almost exclusively to tourists may have their pricing in US, but that's a courtesy rather than a requirement, and there will be signs indicating that they're using US pricing.

IMO, being surprised or upset that a foreign country wants to use their own currency is completely out of line. Would you think it was reasonable for me to come to your hometown and gripe that you've got all the prices in US? Or if, when you courteously convert that price into Canadian dollars for me, I'm mad because the total isn't the same? :confused:

Unless the menu states otherwise, pretty much all menus at restaurants in the Cayman Islands will show their prices in Cayman dollars...it *is* the official currency of the country, after all. :rolleyes: Some stores that cater almost exclusively to tourists may have their pricing in US, but that's a courtesy rather than a requirement, and there will be signs indicating that they're using US pricing.

IMO, being surprised or upset that a foreign country wants to use their own currency is completely out of line. Would you think it was reasonable for me to come to your hometown and gripe that you've got all the prices in US? Or if, when you courteously convert that price into Canadian dollars for me, I'm mad because the total isn't the same? :confused:

You make a really great point. I am often amazed at the posters who expect to go to a foreign country and expect things to be just like they are in the United States. Very strange to me.

Archived