My first cruise is booked! RCCL Liberty of the Seas JR suite 7714

I have so may questions...Have any of you been in room 7714 (JR Suite) on Liberty of the Seas? Its in the rear of the ship, noise? sea sickness? Any other info would be helpful. Thanks. My sail date is March 7, 2013. I know it's an early book, but I always plan way in advance. lol

Edited by louisvillebobby

I would definitely change cabins....deck 7 JS cabins have quite an obstructed view on the Liberty. The superstructure and design of the back of that ship really limits your view. I normally LOVE cabins in the aft, but not one of aft JS cabins on that ship. I would choose deck 9 (deck 10 is below the Windjammer and/or pool area), mid-ship or on the hump if still available (like 9338 or 9638, although those 2 cabins only accommodate 2 passengers, so if you have more than 2, those won't work). Avoid 9244 and 9544, they are smaller than the rest of the JS cabins......hope that helps a little.

I'll be in a RFS 2 decks above that cabin in March. I've noticed the structure in many pictures, and we really don't think the structure will bother us at all. We looked at the pics others have posted to make that judgement.

Here are some:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-wwhxAr2GGlI/SiAKC5d_SFI/AAAAAAAABuE/HM-FQutgchs/s720/IMG_5508.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-typNbBRggUA/SiAKE-RvFnI/AAAAAAAABuY/__E2NXTSsdk/s512/IMG_5785.JPG

Actually, their photo album has tons of pics of the view from the balcony aft on a Freedom Class ship.

I have so may questions...Have any of you been in room 7714 (JR Suite) on Liberty of the Seas? Its in the rear of the ship, noise? sea sickness? Any other info would be helpful. Thanks. My sail date is March 7, 2013. I know it's an early book, but I always plan way in advance. lol

We are booked in 7412...which would be a couple of doors down, but basically same room on the otherside. We are cruising one week from now:)! There are so many conflicting opinions on these boards regarding these particular rooms, that I continued to second guess my self silly. At this point, I'm personally looking forward to the aft JS. Some one had posted some pretty good pictures of this room not too long ago with their review of the ship. I don't think the superstructure will be that much of a problem because they seem to put some of their best rooms in the aft of the ship! Anyway...I guess I will just have to see for myself:)!

I think a JS is the perfect way to cruise....enough room to make the cabin feel more like a hotel room, rather than a "cabin" and the tub makes some difference in the size of the bathroom. While the balcony won't be as deep as an aft, it's still AMPLE room for 2 adults! And the "hump" area...so very convenient...you'll love it!

I think it's worth the extra money!!!

Edited by cb at sea

We are booked in 7412...which would be a couple of doors down, but basically same room on the otherside. We are cruising one week from now:)! There are so many conflicting opinions on these boards regarding these particular rooms, that I continued to second guess my self silly. At this point, I'm personally looking forward to the aft JS. Some one had posted some pretty good pictures of this room not too long ago with their review of the ship. I don't think the superstructure will be that much of a problem because they seem to put some of their best rooms in the aft of the ship! Anyway...I guess I will just have to see for myself:)!

just got off the liberty 12/15.... had cabin 7412... we loved it.. a nice Large balcony with 2 chaise loungers, 2 chairs, table, etc... the super structure did not bother us at all..we felt no vibration..nothing wrong with the view either :). it was a windy few days and we did not feel any wind while sitting on our balcony.. enjoy our cabin!

just got off the liberty 12/15.... had cabin 7412... we loved it.. a nice Large balcony with 2 chaise loungers, 2 chairs, table, etc... the super structure did not bother us at all..we felt no vibration..nothing wrong with the view either :). it was a windy few days and we did not feel any wind while sitting on our balcony.. enjoy our cabin!

Thanks so much for letting us know that you loved the room and view...I'm confident that we made the right choice and am so excited to set sail in a few days:D!!!! Now if only that cold front weren't coming thru next week...I can't believe it....dropping 20 degrees between Sunday and Tuesday:mad:!! Good to know the wind in mitigated on these aft balconies!

I was just in that room on 12/15 and I liked it. It was a very spacious room with a large balcony. 2 chaise lounges and a table and chairs. It looks out at the flag and you have a view of the water but it's not right there because of the way the ship extends. Even with rocky seas it was calm and not bumpy in the room. I would have that room again, hope that helps!

• 2 years later...