Favorite Cruise Line

Bridge Maven

After MOS, I cruised the Caribbean Princess. The flow on that ship was better-but it took forever to get around-the ship being so big. I did not really like that ship either, it was only a little better than the MOS.

My experience is just the opposite. I found the Caribbean Princess to be much more crowded and more ackwardly designed. I think Mariner and all of Voyager Class are much better with passenger flow due to the Royal Promenade.

My experience is just the opposite. I found the Caribbean Princess to be much more crowded and more awkwardly designed. I think Mariner and all of Voyager Class are much better with passenger flow due to the Royal Promenade.

The Princess ships are designed to keep crowds down. That is why things are spaced out all over ship. It was a pain to go up one deck go across and then down one deck to get to the one dining room-however, we did because we could be seated right away-even at 7 pm; whereas the centrum area dining room always a wait. The good thing about the grand class Princess ships-is they have one more pool then the voyager class ships-so the pool areas were (especially the 2 adult areas) less crowded than the Mariner of the Seas.

However, as I said, on my cruise of 3700 PAX, the MOS ship had a crowded pool area, (even solarium pool) and RP-the CP you had to walk further to get around. So Nope, I do not like big ships-do not care what line. I am sure I will cruise them again some though-as the small ships are going away-but I still do not like them as well as small ships-never will.

I am just one of these older gals that liked the feel and atmosphere of the small ships that is lost with the bigger ships. These bigger ships are more resort areas-and if I wanted that I would book a resort vacation, I guess. The only thing preferable over the resort area,is I can still book a balcony cabin and watch the ocean flow by when the ship is moving.

As I said, I have favorite ships-not a favorite line.

Until about 3 years ago would have said NCL, but as our tastes and what we want in a cruise has changed, we are now firm Celebrity people. Love their higher passenger to space ratios, lack of constant announcements, more sedate and sophisticated atmospheres and great enrichment programs.

Until about 3 years ago would have said NCL, but as our tastes and what we want in a cruise has changed, we are now firm Celebrity people. Love their higher passenger to space ratios, lack of constant announcements, more sedate and sophisticated atmospheres and great enrichment programs.

If you like Celebrity for the reasons cited, you should try HAL -- great passenger/space ratios, smaller crowds, emphasis on excellent service.

Archived