Future Cruise Certificate - purchase after booking?

klo28910

I am going on a cruise at the end of January. We had planned to book a July cruise while onboard so that we could get the onboard credit. However, we are now concerned that the dates of the cruise might interefere with my daughter's swim meets, so we are thinking of switching to June. The problem is that the 5 month early saver cut-off is before my cruise so I would have to book it before then.

Would I be able to purchase a certificate on the cruise and then apply it to the June cruise? I know that the certificates say for a "future" cruise, but it seems like I've read on here that some people have had success doing this. I just can't find the threads now. Thanks.

Terms say they cannot be applied to already booked cruises. I know the rep onboard will tell you no, well at least they told me they could not apply it to a already booked cruise, but on another lady I guess the price had not changed, so they were able to apply it?

but some people have had luck buying them and bringing them home to apply later on already booked cruises.

Just be aware the terms on the FCCs state they cannot be applied to already booked cruises, so no one can guarantee you can break the rules when you try.

I had already book my upcoming Pride cruise (Nov 2012) when I sailed on the Freedom last year. I was told that I wouldn't be able to apply the FCC to my already booked Pride cruise.

I contacted my PvP when I got home, and she was able to get it applied. So, it has worked!

Oliver

I'm wondering if it depends on whether you have made final payment yet. I just bought a certificate in December and when I got home I called to see if it could be applied to a previously booked and paid for cruise in January. Answer was NO and the rep cited the verbiage on the back of the FCC saying not eligible for previously booked cruises.

What I found really works; is to buy a two or three at once, then go ahead and book one or two cruises.

The catch is to always have at least one left over, and then just book another cruise to purchase more.

It works, but you have to spend a lot to save....

I have two cruises booked, with one certificate left over.

All is good.....

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.936127,-81.336697

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many FCC can one cabin buy or is it per person per cabin???? Also not all ships sell FCC. What ships do not sell them??? I know the Victory does not sell them on the ship.

Thanks

I don't know if there is a maximum. I know we bought four early last year. Like Dave said above, if you know there are cruises in your future and you can afford to buy them, it's nice to have them on hand.

Archived