Anyone recently sailed on the Serenade?

Conanc

Hi -- Just wondering if anyone has recently sailed on the Serenade? Does anyone have recent menus and cruise compasses? I was also looking for specific information about the shows and anything else you would like to share about the Serenade and the itinerary! :D

Our ports are Tortola, Dominica, Barbados, St. Kitts and St. Maarten, but we have been to all of the ports before. We are heading to the beach in St. Kitts and St. Martin, catamaran excursion in Barbados, and to the Baths in Tortola.

We are sailing in just 16 days and are getting excited. Thanks!

February recent enough? Not sure how much would change in 10 months. But we did exactly same ports which seemed to be the "odd" itinerary compared to most others for Serenade. Great ship and crew. Ports you are already up to speed on. At St. Kitts after touring for day with an independent taxi guy named Bernie (Brimstone Hill and Batik factory) he took us to Cockleshell Beach for serveral hours. For six of us it was $20/pp for the day but we all tipped an extra $10.

I had posted my Cruise Compases awhile back in the following thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1501643&highlight=serenade

Sorry - totally forgot to snap pics of menus. But standard 7-day menus I've seen posted seem very Close to what I recall.

We've toured with Levi Baron in Dominica a couple of times. He does a great job. We ziplined in St. Kitts the last time. The trip to the batik factory is not an asset, but it was overall a great experience. If you want a tour there, Thenford Grey is great.

In Barbados, we've done the Silver Moon catamarans. Also a lot of fun.

You have mail (7 messages!) The files are pretty large. If they don't get through, let me know and I'll squish 'em down some. :p

These are great....thank you so much! I also sent you an email message. :D Hope you enjoy your cruise on the Navigator!

We booked RCCL's excursion to The Baths. What kind of boat is it that takes you over?

We're on the same itinerary in Feb and have only been to St. Maarten before. Any tips are appreciated!

It was the typical ferry like is used in Cozumel, St Thomas, etc. If you look up Speedy's ferry service on the web, you'll see one. In fact, I believe we were on one of Speedy's Ferrys!

Yes, Speedy's Ferry. larger catamaran type passenger ferry with rows of seats inside (with A/C if hot out), old TV re-runs and some outside seating on top. I got definite impression that we could have walked on, paid fare and got transport to the restaurant at top of the Baths for a lot less than the RCI excursion. That's the trouble with being a first timer at places - we go cautious and pay more than we might have to.

The Baths were every bit as spectacular as the pictures and what we thought it would be. The hill trail down (and back up) is not too bad. There is a bar at the bottom with beer and restrooms so it can be a very pleasant time exploring and just doing the beach thing.

Yes, Speedy's Ferry. larger catamaran type passenger ferry with rows of seats inside (with A/C if hot out), old TV re-runs and some outside seating on top. I got definite impression that we could have walked on, paid fare and got transport to the restaurant at top of the Baths for a lot less than the RCI excursion. That's the trouble with being a first timer at places - we go cautious and pay more than we might have to.

The Baths were every bit as spectacular as the pictures and what we thought it would be. The hill trail down (and back up) is not too bad. There is a bar at the bottom with beer and restrooms so it can be a very pleasant time exploring and just doing the beach thing.

You got the right impression. We walked over to the ferry terminal, purchased ourselves round trip tickets, including cab transportation to the Baths from the ferry terminal on Jost, and paid quite a bit less than our friends on the RCI excursion. We had the same amount of time at the Baths, but didn't get the drink coupon. And we were on a different ferry. Still Speedy's, but they use a separate boat for the excursion sold by the ship.

Archived