Balcony on Lido Deck

kirasmom

Has anyone stayed in a balcony room on the Lido Deck? Our pvp said it was the way to go. Just curious for reviews. I tried searching the "where not to stay thread" but had no luck. I'm taking that to be a good thing.

its conveniently located to the food/pools- still gotta travel to the entertainment.

Be care NOT to book the cabins under the GYM area-- the spa area is good to be under-

On Destiny there are two category cabins 8D and 8E.

on a ship- the higher you go the more you pay.

sometimes they have free upgrades.

We have stayed on the lido 2 times on the Triumph and loved it very close to everything great to "refresh my drink" during the day no noise at all and great view, now spoiled even more we were in 9283 and it was great besides the aft wraps this is mo favorite

Kirasmom

You will love staying on the Lido Deck. Cruising in April on the Victory on Lido ( Balcony). Last 2 cruises same Lido Balcony.

Love that short walk to the pool, getting that fresh cup of coffee in the a.m.

You will probably be hooked after this. LOL

My husband and I were in a balcony cabin on Lido on our B2B on Triumph in December. Our cabin was 9253, the mid-section of forward. The location was great, aside from when we wanted a snack at 1am and had to walk to the other end of the ship to get pizza. I would certainly do it again though. It was quiet aside from one night when there were young kids, teens maybe, goofing off in the hallway around midnight. Aside from our cabin being forward I can't really think of any negatives at all. Enjoy!

We just stayed in 9293 on the Freedom. Probably the best location of any room on the ship in my book.

Upandadam,

Agreed! We didn't get an aft wrap for our upcoming cruise so we opted for 9293 and the balcony beside it for best location. ;)

Has anyone stayed in a balcony room on the Lido Deck? Our pvp said it was the way to go. Just curious for reviews. I tried searching the "where not to stay thread" but had no luck. I'm taking that to be a good thing.

We have also booked Lido Deck balcony cabins on different ships. Love them!!! We are even fussier now in that we want to be on the Lido Deck near the elevators. Whenever we are ready for a cruise, I go right to the deck plans, choose our cabin, make sure there are cabins above and below it, call our PVP, and book it, Danno.

Which Ship? We had one in October on Splendor and it was fabulous! We heard nothing at night and would run down easy for ice cream in the middle of the night!

Our cabin on the Splendor earlier this month was on the Lido. It was nice to be able to walk out and quickly grab Ice Cream or Tea but for us it was neither worse or better than anywhere else on the ship. Fairly quick access to anywhere we wanted to go except the MDR, ours was all the way in the back.

We were close to the atrium where Splendor had rock and salsa music instead of the usual piano music. We could hear it in our room in the afternoon but someone closed the hallway doors to the atrium elevator landing after 9:00 so we didn't hear the 9:00-Midnight session.

• 1 month later...

It's like they say when you book your first balcony...you'll never go back to an OV. The same can be said for the Lido deck, once you stay on the Lido you'll never go to another floor. This is our 4th time in a Lido deck room. In fact we have booked the same room same ship as 3 yrs ago. One thing to keep in mind is whether you have rooms above you or deck chairs. I have heard some people complain that the scraping sound of the deck chairs above bothered them. We've always had cabins on the deck above us. Last year on the Dream we had the first cabin closest to the pool & deck. Was a little concerned being that close at night we would hear the noise of movies or deck party at night since we keep our balcony door open at night, but it was minimal.

Archived