Doubletree Grand Hotel

bigsmooth

Has anybody stayed at the Doubletree Grand Hotel on Biscayne Bay. How was it? Please share information. Price and anything else you can share. Thanks in advance. Happy New Year to all.

Hi, Happy New Year!

I've stayed there, the Doubletree Grand has a beautiful pool... olympic sized, heated, great outdoor pool area, etc. The hotel shares the building with condos as well. If you can get a good deal, grab it! I think rates are usually over $200. Pool area overlooks the Port of Miami, you can see the ships and Biscayne Bay, of course, from the property. A cab to Bayside and/or CVS/Walgreens will only cost you a couple of bucks. It sits just north of the American Airlines Arena and POM.

Hi, Happy New Year!

I've stayed there, the Doubletree Grand has a beautiful pool... olympic sized, heated, great outdoor pool area, etc. The hotel shares the building with condos as well. If you can get a good deal, grab it! I think rates are usually over $200. Pool area overlooks the Port of Miami, you can see the ships and Biscayne Bay, of course, from the property. A cab to Bayside and/or CVS/Walgreens will only cost you a couple of bucks. It sits just north of the American Airlines Arena and POM.

Thanks for sharing. Is it to far to walk to Bayside/ Walgreens/CVS?

Thanks for sharing. Is it to far to walk to Bayside/ Walgreens/CVS?

I'd say it's a bit too far to walk so I'd cab it--or at least walk there but cab it back, if you like to walk. When we stayed it seemed just a bit too far to walk and we were hungry, so we just hopped in a cab to get to Bayside quickly. Take a look at this google map and you can see the walking distance--

http://maps.google.ca/?ll=26.047915,-80.160069&spn=0.00534,0.009645&t=h&z=17&vpsrc=6

Hopefully that works and you can check things out. Bayside is south of the hotel and across the street (south again) from Port Blvd/American Airlines Arena (the large white building you'll see from above).

Let me know if you have any more questions! It's a nice place to stay if you can swing it, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

I'd say it's a bit too far to walk so I'd cab it--or at least walk there but cab it back, if you like to walk. When we stayed it seemed just a bit too far to walk and we were hungry, so we just hopped in a cab to get to Bayside quickly. Take a look at this google map and you can see the walking distance--

http://maps.google.ca/?ll=26.047915,-80.160069&spn=0.00534,0.009645&t=h&z=17&vpsrc=6

Hopefully that works and you can check things out. Bayside is south of the hotel and across the street (south again) from Port Blvd/American Airlines Arena (the large white building you'll see from above).

Let me know if you have any more questions! It's a nice place to stay if you can swing it, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Sorry--just saw that my link takes you to the Ft. Lauderdale area. Just slide down to Miami around the Port of Miami and you'll see the Doubletree Grand...

• 1 month later...
Which would you take-- Holiday Inn across from Bayside (not such good reviews lately) or the Doubletree?

are there any good places to eat in the Doubletree Complex, safe places to walk...

Doubletree is an easy choice over HI. :cool: In addition to some rooms with POM view and a great pool area the bar/restaurant in the lobby is very good option for dinner. Shopping for last minute items, soda, water beer and wine in the covered areas connecting this hotel to the Marriott and condos. Or walk 2 blocks to BIN 18 (Biscayne and 18th) - great food and an extensive wine and craft beer list. :D

Bayside is a tourist trap (IMHO). Good luck! :)

Thanks for all the info --we booked the Doubletree for just over $200 with the taxes..got a bayside balcony room...& the price includes the hotel shuttle to the port..

Seems to be enough restaurants on site & we can visit the Marriot and the marina -- for two days we should be fine there!

Thanks for all the info --we booked the Doubletree for just over $200 with the taxes..got a bayside balcony room...& the price includes the hotel shuttle to the port..

Seems to be enough restaurants on site & we can visit the Marriot and the marina -- for two days we should be fine there!

You'll be just fine there, enjoy your trip! If you like to swim you'll love the pool!

Yup-- the pool is a big selling point--hope the weather is nice enough in Dec. !

Last Jan it was way too cold to swim in FLL...you never can predict but it always beats the weather up north that time of yr!

Has anyone tried any restaurants at this complex????

Archived