Roger Bilton & Billy London

snoodqueen

Does anyone know which ship(s) Captain Roger Bilton and CD Billy London are currently on? We had them both on the Grand last year and have yet to hear about either since. They were out and about the ship a fair amount, something we don't always experience. If they're still with Princess, we'll likely sail with them again sometime. Thanks for any info and Happy New Year to everyone!

They are both on the Grand Princess right now but Billy London will be getting off on Jan 14 th. We are doing b2b on the Grand next week and Princess sent us out email of who is on the ship.

Great - thank you! We'll be on the Grand next November for the TA so perhaps we'll be fortunate enough to have one of them still on board. Enjoy your b2b - great ship!

They are both on the Grand Princess right now but Billy London will be getting off on Jan 14 th. We are doing b2b on the Grand next week and Princess sent us out email of who is on the ship.

Great - thank you! We'll be on the Grand next November for the TA so perhaps we'll be fortunate enough to have one of them still on board. Enjoy your b2b - great ship!

Roger was our Captain on the Ocean Princess; October 15th to November 12th. If he is currently on the Grand, I don't think he's staying long. AFAIK, Anthony Herriott will be captain on February 4th.

I know Captains have a rotation that never seems to make any sense to me! Glad to hear he's back on the Grand right now - it's been 'his' ship for awhile. We'll see who I get when the Princess pre-cruise emails start arriving next year. Thanks everyone!

• 2 years later...

I was on the Star with him last February and at that time he said he was going to retire. He led me to think that he was retiring sooner rather than later.

Nice guy. He was good to work with and for.

Edited by Mr_Astro
clarification

I was on the Star with him last February and at that time he said he was going to retire. He led me to think that he was retiring sooner rather than later.

Nice guy. He was good to work with and for.

There are some who would wish him a very happy early retirement.

Anyone who has the pleasure of sailing with Captain Bilton is blessed and in for a real treat He is the best!

Hey Kid! Nice seeing you post again. Capt Bilton is a treat - can't say the same for Billy.

I was just going to say that Donna.:D

Roger Bilton....one of the best

+1

Had them on our TA in November 2012..

Roger was great, Billy .....................?

It was also refected in the overall cruise activities staff.

+1

Had them on our TA in November 2012..

Roger was great, Billy .....................?

It was also reflected in the overall cruise activities staff.

Billy needs to retire! On a 27 night cruise, there were very few activities planned. I vowed I would not sail with him again-ever!

We have cruised at least 3 times with Billy, most recently on the 28 day March/April cruise on the Star to Hawaii/Tahiti. Really enjoyed him. He is so personable. If he was walking through to IC to get a coffee, if he saw us, he always stopped to visit. Even bought us a drink one night after dinner in the Wheelhouse Bar. I found him very friendly. Although I also thought I heard him say he was ready to retire. I guess Princess keeps changing his mind. Have also cruised with Roger Bilton a couple of times and he is a very friendly captain. Hope to see them both again.

We have cruised at least 3 times with Billy, most recently on the 28 day March/April cruise on the Star to Hawaii/Tahiti. Really enjoyed him. He is so personable. If he was walking through to IC to get a coffee, if he saw us, he always stopped to visit. Even bought us a drink one night after dinner in the Wheelhouse Bar. I found him very friendly. Although I also thought I heard him say he was ready to retire. I guess Princess keeps changing his mind. Have also cruised with Roger Bilton a couple of times and he is a very friendly captain. Hope to see them both again.

That was the same cruise I was on and he was a total failure as a CD. He might be nice on a one on one, but he does nothing but feed his ego. But this is my opinion and they are like belly buttons-everyone has one.

That was the same cruise I was on and he was a total failure as a CD. He might be nice on a one on one, but he does nothing but feed his ego. But this is my opinion and they are like belly buttons-everyone has one.

+1

As a CD he is the "manager" of the cruise staff and activities. On our 14 day TA there was very little in the way of activities and what activities they had were the same each day. Too few for that many sea days! The staff was late and no-showed a few times as they lost track of the time changes.

Speaking of time changes, Billy openly mocked a passenger at the end of the last production show for challenging him on his time change announcement. The next morning there was an announcement at 10am regarding the mix-up as many missed their 9am excursions because of this. We were having a leisurely breakfast and had to scramble to make ours on time. Billy just "laughed it off" at the show that evening. Arrogance personified!

I'm PO'd as DW is now hesitant on any cruises with multiple sea days.

Edited by lamchops

Roger Bilton is definitely one of the best and takes good photos too! We were fortunate to spend a day on the Royal P in June and he took a photo of us and our friends, he and his wife spent time with us while we reminisced about our trip from Southampton via Iceland to Fort Lauderdale that he Captained 3 years ago.

I very much hope he will be on our Grand P cruise on February 18th to Hawaii. He hasn't been mentioned on any of the emails that we have had :(

Here's hoping. :D

+1

As a CD he is the "manager" of the cruise staff and activities. On our 14 day TA there was very little in the way of activities and what activities they had were the same each day. Too few for that many sea days! The staff was late and no-showed a few times as they lost track of the time changes.

Speaking of time changes, Billy openly mocked a passenger at the end of the last production show for challenging him on his time change announcement. The next morning there was an announcement at 10am regarding the mix-up as many missed their 9am excursions because of this. We were having a leisurely breakfast and had to scramble to make ours on time. Billy just "laughed it off" at the show that evening. Arrogance personified!

I'm PO'd as DW is now hesitant on any cruises with multiple sea days.

It isn't the sea days-it's Billy. On the 28 day cruise most of the "entertainment" planned in the Atrium was of the "buy our spa time/products" ilk. A lot of people were complaining, so he spent the last few days of the cruise explaining, at every opportunity, that a lot of his job is done behind the scenes. That was him trying to cover for his lack of effort.