Radiance of Seas...thoughts

Ariel35

We were on the Radiance back in March and enjoyed it. It was showing some wear but was very clean and since then they have overhauled it in drydock.

We like a smaller ship experience and it seems about the perfect size for us.

Ariel35,

We love The Radiance and were on her 3 x this past year. Did a B2B in February and then did the last southbound Alaska cruise land/sea tour in September.

In February was before dry dock and having been on sister ships, Jewel, Serenade and Brilliace several times, we knew what to expect. Beautiful ship, loads of glass and views from everywhere, great crew, good food and nice enhancements of specialty restaurants added after dry dock.

This class of ship is the right size for us......not too big and crew did an awesome job.

Hope that helps.....any specific questions, I will be happy to answer. Not on CC every day but do check back often!

Just spent 51 days aboard our most favorite ship. The newly enhanced Radiance of the Seasis gorgeous with all the new dining venues. Below are 2 links with comments from those that have cruised on her.

Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future (Continued)

Ariel35,

We love The Radiance and were on her 3 x this past year. Did a B2B in February and then did the last southbound Alaska cruise land/sea tour in September.

In February was before dry dock and having been on sister ships, Jewel, Serenade and Brilliace several times, we knew what to expect. Beautiful ship, loads of glass and views from everywhere, great crew, good food and nice enhancements of specialty restaurants added after dry dock.

This class of ship is the right size for us......not too big and crew did an awesome job.

Hope that helps.....any specific questions, I will be happy to answer. Not on CC every day but do check back often!

Thank you for your post!! How did you enjoy Alaska on her? I'm booking her for Alaska in May.

You will love seeing Alaska on Radiance because of all the glass for viewing.

We are doing 3 consecutive cruises on her to Alaska beginning May 4.

That's the one I just booked!! I'm so excited! Allure in March and Radiance in May :)

The radiance class of ships were literally built for Places like Alaska, so you're making a very good choice. She is practically wrapped in glass and many people feel her size is "just right" in that sweet spot between "small" ships and the behemoths they build now. I would not hesitate to book radiance class to anywhere, but would actively seek them out for particularly scenic places like Alaska.

• 3 weeks later...

The Radiance is my favorite rccl ship so far

(I've been on the Legend, the Independence and the Oasis). It's awesome. My only complaint is the set up of the lifeboats. I don't like the overhang over them. Like I said...other than that it's a great ship.

Archived