Econolodge on Taft or Bridge at Cordova?

Iris5383

We need to find a nice, but cheap, place to stay pre-cruise, one night. Won't have a car. Does Econolodge had a place to buy wine within walking distance? Has anyone stayed at the Bridge at Cordova? Also open to other suggestions on places to stay. Thanks very much!

We need to find a nice, but cheap, place to stay pre-cruise, one night. Won't have a car. Does Econolodge had a place to buy wine within walking distance? Has anyone stayed at the Bridge at Cordova? Also open to other suggestions on places to stay. Thanks very much!

You don't want to stay at a cheap hotel in Fort Lauderdale in peak season. I can't think I'd want to stay at that Econolodge and don't know what The Bridge is.

I sold a house on Cordova several months ago. Did they build a new hotel there?

You don't want to stay at a cheap hotel in Fort Lauderdale in peak season. I can't think I'd want to stay at that Econolodge and don't know what The Bridge is.

I sold a house on Cordova several months ago. Did they build a new hotel there?

Blue, No, the bridge isn't a newly built hotel. It's an older building (looks like an apt building) that is a hostel/hotel/crew's quarters. It's a few blocks north of SE 17th St. on Cordova where you find a lot of older rental properties. (what realtors refer to as "near Rio Vista").

Try either the Rodeway Inn or Sleep Inn & Suites. They are both on the cheaper side and offer a cruise pkg that includes free breakfast and a shuttle to the port. We had some previous roll call friends that stayed at the Rodeway and said it was clean and fine for one night. We plan to use the Sleep Inn & Suites due to good reviews, a good cruise pkg and the fact that they have shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Good luck to you. :)

Rodeway Inn FLL http://www.rodewayinn.com/hotel-fort_lauderdale-florida-FL775?sid=x6fHp.8RXh9g40T.20

Sleep Inn & Suites http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-dania-florida-FL664?sid=xCl_2g.MF5urg1sj.8&sarea=&sname=dania&sstate=FL&scountry=US&sradius=&slat=26.041948&slon=-80.146782&schain=Z&exp=&scity=&sort=&type=&map=n&nadult=1&nchild=0&city_code=AQQ&sstate_country

All - thanks for your comments. I'll check out the Rodeway and Sleep Inn.

Sleep Inn is much newer then Rodeway, in a nicer neighborhood and has Publix, drug store, and a couple or restaurants next door across a small street. I think their airport shuttle runs until midnight. Both hotels have free shuttles to port too.

• 4 months later...

A VERY economical older type motel that the crews from yachts stay. No eminites, free shuttle from airport, $6 to Cruise Port, PP, walking distance to Winn Dixie, and took us to Total Wine (walking distance) no frills. But if you are on a tight budget, it fits the bill. Great for my bff and myself, but wouldn't recommend my adult kids to stay there. Jorge is upset with me because I gave it a review with a 3 while others did a 5?

Archived