Port Canaveral

If you move down just below the WebCam area, on the left you will find a list of links. One of those links says Port Schedule. Click on that and you will see what leaves when.

Which cam are you seeing the port schedule on? I see a cruise calendar on this link but no times.

http://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com/

I don't see a port schedule on this one but I could be missing it.

http://www.portcanaveral.com/webcam.php

Do you mean the Freedom? I am here in Cocoa Beach for a couple of days and was wondering why she came in so late. I noticed her coming in around 12:30. I believe she normally arrives at the Port around 6:00.

No its Explorer today, she is doing a 7 night Bahamas cruise from Bayonne.

Freedom left friday for a special 9 night holiday cruise

Do you mean the Freedom? I am here in Cocoa Beach for a couple of days and was wondering why she came in so late. I noticed her coming in around 12:30. I believe she normally arrives at the Port around 6:00.

No, that is the Explorer on a port day.

Freedom is on a 9 day holiday cruise and will be back in Port Canaveral on Sunday. They changed up a bunch of ships due to the holidays falling on Sundays.

My parents are on this cruise (Explorer) they said that RCCL needs to take Port Canaveral off of the stops, that there is absolutely nothing to do! They would have rathered gone to Key West!

There is a lot to do in Port Carnaval.

First, there is Kennedy Space Center. Yes, you have to get tickets early enough to get in, but it is a wonderful day of education and fun.

Second, there are fishing charters if you are into that kind of thing.

Third, Big Toho Parasailing would be fun.

Fourth, if you are in the warmer months, it is a great place to swim etc

Fifth, it is not too far from Port Carnaval to go to Mid Way for a great Air Boat ride.

I just wish that your parents had asked us for ideas. There are a lot of them.

There is a lot to do in Port Carnaval.

First, there is Kennedy Space Center. Yes, you have to get tickets early enough to get in, but it is a wonderful day of education and fun.

Second, there are fishing charters if you are into that kind of thing.

Third, Big Toho Parasailing would be fun.

Fourth, if you are in the warmer months, it is a great place to swim etc

Fifth, it is not too far from Port Carnaval to go to Mid Way for a great Air Boat ride.

I just wish that your parents had asked us for ideas. There are a lot of them.

Part of the issue is that Explorer was in port on Christmas Day and New Years Day. I know Kennedy space center was closed on Christmas, not sure about yesterday. The holidays really affect what is open and what isn't open.

My parents are on this cruise (Explorer) they said that RCCL needs to take Port Canaveral off of the stops, that there is absolutely nothing to do! They would have rathered gone to Key West!

I have to agree with you. We love sailing from Port Canaveral, it's easy, quick, and a short drive. But, I wouldn't be at all interested in going on a cruise to Port Canaveral. Sure, theres a ton to see and do, but if I'm going on a Caribbean cruise, I want to go somewhere more tropical and scenic, with white sand not brown. Not to mention it's far enough north that it can be pretty cool in the winter months!

Like I said, nothing against Port Canaveral, we absolutely love sailing from there, I'm just not interested in it as a port of call.

Part of the issue is that Explorer was in port on Christmas Day and New Years Day. I know Kennedy space center was closed on Christmas, not sure about yesterday. The holidays really affect what is open and what isn't open.

Any big holiday will have most things closed. I do think that cruise lines need have other plans for cruisers without seeing most great things closed and unless you want to go to church, there is not much anyplace I have ever cruised to.

Archived