Does it bother anyone else?

I'm a cruise ship nerd. I'll be the first to admit it. I love going on cruises, planning cruises, and I'm graduating this May in Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering.

Having said that, am I the only one who gets annoyed when a cruise line markets one of their ships with the wrong picture??? Sometimes it's a small difference (the "Mariner" picture on RCCL's website is actually one of the Voyager/Explorer/Adventure), but other times it's REALLY noticeable (the "Legend" is defintely the Grandeur on her RCCL page).

Does anyone else notice these things or is it just me?

If I can tell the difference shouldn't the website designers be able to? :D

I'm a cruise ship nerd. I'll be the first to admit it. I love going on cruises, planning cruises, and I'm graduating this May in Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering.

Having said that, am I the only one who gets annoyed when a cruise line markets one of their ships with the wrong picture??? Sometimes it's a small difference (the "Mariner" picture on RCCL's website is actually one of the Voyager/Explorer/Adventure), but other times it's REALLY noticeable (the "Legend" is defintely the Grandeur on her RCCL page).

I doubt it. :rolleyes: They are probably computer nerds, not cruisers. ;)

What bothers me is that RCI can't be bothered to put "actual" pictures of the staterooms on the website instead of generic displays of only one style.

For example, when I select "Inside stateroom with 2 pullman beds" on Allure it sure would be nice to see the actual room layout (with pullmans) instead of the generic interior bed-and-couch cabin (no pullmans), which didn't even match the one we got when we cruised aboard her - ours had the bed at the rear of the room instead of the couch.

Instead, many of us not familiar with the layout of particular staterooms are left asking around on forums hoping that someone has stayed in that particular stateroom before and has pics or info, or looking on Google images for photos of similar staterooms.

I remember many, many years ago. I was on a cruise on the Song of Norway.

In the dining room one night the bar waiter tried selling us a limited edition

bottle of wine with a picture of the brand new Sovereign of the Seas on it.

I said excuse me sir. That picture is the Song of America. I had just sailed

the Sovereign a few months before. The bar waiter told me I was a piece of

*&$( and how so wrong I was. I was bound to prove that was not the

Sovereign but the Song of America. Brought a picture of the Sovereign to

dinner the next night. But he still said I was wrong and was mean about it.

It does bother me a little bit too! But we know they will never correct it completely. It would be a lot of work to actually have the exact descriptions/layouts for each ship shown.

I guess sometimes their marketing people don't even know all about their own ships. So they may have used an incorrect picture for the description.

Congrats in advance for your graduation in a few months!

Archived