Questions about Ecstasy

wendysue44

We will be sailing on the Ecstasy in Feb, and I have not cruised 5 years so I am sure there have been changes. Here are a few questions I have.

How does the muster drill work now?

In what dining room is anytime dining or do they have it in both?

Besides the MDR, Lido Buffet and Pizza, is there other dining options?

Thanks in advance!

How does the muster drill work now?

Same as always except you don't bring your life preserver anymore.

In what dining room is anytime dining or do they have it in both?

The mid-ship dining room

Besides the MDR, Lido Buffet and Pizza, is there other dining options?

Deli, mongolian wok, grill on Lido deck.

also has rotissie chicken now with the yummy sides. I like the corn niblets, some like the mac n cheese. right next to mongolian, easy to miss.

dont miss the chocolate buffet the last sea day at lunch in the buffet area.

FYI, no chocolate buffet on my last Ecstasy cruise. Maybe this time, though.

First cruise - where is the muster drill held and when?
...muster is after you board and just before sailing, typically between 3:00 and 4:00 if your ship's sailing is on time. Your must station is determined by your cabin location. There are directions in your cabin and there will be staff to direct you when the signal is sounded. You will have plenty of advanced warning via several announcements just prior to the safety briefing. Everyone must attend the safety briefing even tho you do not need to bring your life jackets with you. It lasts about 15-20 minutes and then you go enjoy your cruise.

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Just my two cents. Our family of 2 adults, 20yr old son, 19 and 10 yr old daughters all had a great time on the Ecstasy the week before Christmas. We had anytime dining and really enjoyed having Welley as our head waiter one evening, so we requested his area the remainder of the cruise. We never had to wait for a table. If you go out the the doors in the back corners of the rear buffet area on Lido, there is a really nice area to enjoy your meals. Peaceful, not windy, and a beautiful view. Not many people seemed to know it was there. Get to the shows in the Saphire early, as the views from anywhere in the balcony aren't real good (our only issue with this ship). I do have to admit I was somewhat concerned after reading negative reviews on here, but I would recommend this ship to my closest friends. Hope you have a great cruise.

Just my two cents. Our family of 2 adults, 20yr old son, 19 and 10 yr old daughters all had a great time on the Ecstasy the week before Christmas. We had anytime dining and really enjoyed having Welley as our head waiter one evening, so we requested his area the remainder of the cruise. We never had to wait for a table. If you go out the the doors in the back corners of the rear buffet area on Lido, there is a really nice area to enjoy your meals. Peaceful, not windy, and a beautiful view. Not many people seemed to know it was there. Get to the shows in the Saphire early, as the views from anywhere in the balcony aren't real good (our only issue with this ship). I do have to admit I was somewhat concerned after reading negative reviews on here, but I would recommend this ship to my closest friends. Hope you have a great cruise.

Thanks for the info about the eating area and the shows in the Saphire!

Can you tell me what night is Elegant Night? We are on a five day cruise.

Thanks for the info about the eating area and the shows in the Saphire!

Can you tell me what night is Elegant Night? We are on a five day cruise.

We did the 5 day Nassau,Freeport,KeyWest,funday at sea, in that order and had elegant night on Freeport day.

Anything else just ask.

We are: Key West, Day at Sea, Nassau and Freeport. So I guess our Elegant night will the sea day.

Can you give me any suggestion for Nassau? This is our first trip to the Bahamas, and there are really no excursions that we are interested in. I do want to see the Straw Market and stop at Senor Frogs before returning to the ship.

Again, thanks for the assistance. It is greatly appreciated!!

We just walked around Nassau. The straw market and Senor Frogs are both to the right once you exit the terminal building. There is a public beach (Junkanoo) which we walked to past Senor Frogs. It wasn't far, just on the other side of a hotel. You'll see the hotel as you come into port. We were disappointed in the straw market. It's mainly a lot of vendors selling the same things (a lot of which are made over seas) in cramped cubicles. It is the "new" straw market. In Freeport there is a "straw market" (same stuff) set up by the pier, other than that, don't plan on walking to anything from the pier. The pier is surrounded by industry. We did book an excursion directly with Paradise Cove and snorkeled as a family. $35pp which included transportation. In Key West we walked to the southern tip of the US from the pier and stopped at numerous shops along the way.

Archived