Snorkeling in Roatan

Perstef81

We're traveling soon on the Celebrity Solstice and finishing up our planning. We're trying to decide between the cruiseline's "Shipwreck and Snorkel" and a private excursion through Upachaya. I've read pretty good reviews of Upachaya, but has anyone done the ship excursion? I think RCL does the same one.

Thanks for any advice and happy cruising!

We're traveling soon on the Celebrity Solstice and finishing up our planning. We're trying to decide between the cruiseline's "Shipwreck and Snorkel" and a private excursion through Upachaya. I've read pretty good reviews of Upachaya, but has anyone done the ship excursion? I think RCL does the same one.

Thanks for any advice and happy cruising!

We docked in Maghogany Bay and took the Holland America ships snorkeling tour. The reefs were about an hour away from where we docked, but I don't know the name of the area. Click on http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31803537&postcount=243 for informaiton on viewing a video that includes some underwater shots of the reefs.

Looking into this for Jan 26th in Roatan. Have you returned?

Thanks

Yes, just got back and they were amazing! I would definitely recommend them. If you're interested you can read my review on Trip Advisor here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g292019-d1234362-r123131880-Upachaya_Snorkel_Kayak_Tours-Roatan_Bay_Islands.html

Yes, just got back and they were amazing! I would definitely recommend them. If you're interested you can read my review on Trip Advisor here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g292019-d1234362-r123131880-Upachaya_Snorkel_Kayak_Tours-Roatan_Bay_Islands.html

Great review! I'm glad you had a good time. Did you have an underwater camera with you? If so, please give us a link to the pictures. I'd be interested to see if you were snorkeling at the same place we went on the Holland America.

Thanks,

Ron

Thanks! I figured with all that I use trip advisor when I travel I should try to give back when I get home.

I did have an underwater camera, but haven't had a chance to sort through the pictures. Hopefully this weekend!

They are relatively small, but they are very well organized. They only run two trips a day (both of them were full on the day I went), but that seems to be by choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Back from Roatan and had a TERRIFIC snorkel tour with Upachaya. They were at the port waiting for us, took us to their beautiful property, telling us about the plant, trees, and mangroves and then gave is a great snorkeling experience. Light lunch at the end.

Had a great experience and highly recommend them.

M

Archived