Can you Try This on the RCL Web Site

ehfl

Is it just me, or has the RCL website been broken since they changed to the new look (several months ago)?

Try searching for a cruise departing from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale (pick any month for departure date). Allow search for any ship.

You should get some reasonable number of cruises (such as 8 - 20) etc.

Now select special pricing, and select Florida residency.

You should now see 500+ cruises (basically all the cruises they have worldwide), instead of just the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale cruises for the month you selected.

This has been broken ever since they changed over to the new site. It has been reported, and still does not work properly.

Florida residents have no way to really search for Florida resident rates.

It's really an embarrassment to see a major corporation fail at such a basic database query.

I've tried this on many browsers and many computers, and when searching for Florida discounts, you always get hundreds of more cruises than you should, based on the ships, departure ports, and dates you select.

Same thing happens to me. As soon as I add District of Columbia residency all other parameters are disregarded. RCI needs a new web programmer.

Every generation of their website has been plagued with problems.

The sad thing is, that their programmers can fix this in about 10 minutes max. They know about the problem. I guess they just think that people will pay the higher prices if they can't search for their residency discount.

I had this problem over the weekend. I decided to search without the residence criteria, then added it when I looked at individual cabins. (after you select the Book option.)

This means, if your dates are flexible, there's no way to search for low-cost cruises. You have to pick a specific date, and then check to see if there happens to be a lower fare for that particular cruise. It doesn't really make much sense, and is not how the site used to work.

Just to be clear, are you saying that in the past you could search for cruises only using the criteria of your state, and it would only show you cruises with a discount for your state?

FWIW, I have never seen a state discount (IL) but I'm not doing what you are and I thing I may try that...once it's working again.

Just to be clear, are you saying that in the past you could search for cruises only using the criteria of your state, and it would only show you cruises with a discount for your state?

FWIW, I have never seen a state discount (IL) but I'm not doing what you are and I thing I may try that...once it's working again.

Yes, I used to do that....I would enter my state (IL) and that's all, and it would show me all cruises with the residency discount. It used to function that way. Same if someone is trying the 55+ discount. Now, it won't function that way. By selecting a specific cruise each time, it takes a LONG time to find discounts....not a good method for those who are flexible with travel dates and can book based solely in discounted fares. I used to find MANY residency discounts in the past.....

RCI site seems to be down daily anymore. I was just on it researching excursions and it went down. Now can't get back on. They really need to do something about it because even when it is up, it's very very slow.

Yes, I used to do that....I would enter my state (IL) and that's all, and it would show me all cruises with the residency discount. It used to function that way. Same if someone is trying the 55+ discount. Now, it won't function that way. By selecting a specific cruise each time, it takes a LONG time to find discounts....not a good method for those who are flexible with travel dates and can book based solely in discounted fares. I used to find MANY residency discounts in the past.....

Thanks...I am going to have to try that, assuming it ever works again. I'm moderately flexible, and I'd love to get a great discount on a short notice cruise.

Archived