Funship 2.0 (Liberty) Review w/Lots of Pictures

pyroguy

Your review and pictures were great! You made me want to go on the Liberty for my next cruise! Thank you!

How much was the cabana rental and how many max people will it accomodate?

The Cabana was $219 regardless and CCL says it will accomodate up to 4 people. Honestly, though, that's about how many people you would want actuall IN the cabana at any given time. Outside the cabana, though is anyone...it's public. They give you refreshments for 4 (actually too much for us 4, more like 6-8) so you can put down 4 people and then if there are a few others that want to store the stuff, share some chips and salsa or have a soda, so be it in my opinion. It's not like there were people going around asking people on the beach if they were with us in the cabana or anything. Unless it was raining, we were outside anyway.

Also, with the exception of the soda and water - all of the food they had for us in the cabana was available at the place we ate lunch.

Awesome review PG. My DW and I will be on the Liberty the end of Feb, but we are doing the West. Caribbean. We've been looking for a review like yours since we booked, but it seemed like every ship but the Liberty was being reviewed. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to do this (especially the fantastic pictures).

One question though if I might...overall, how would you rate the entertainment? Are there any good bands to listen to while having a couple of drinks later in the evening?

Thanks again for your review. You really made us that much more excited about our cruise.

Enjoyed reading your reviews and seeing the great pictures. Will be on Liberty same iten in June and also with a balcony. Have done the Freedom and Glory so far and can't wait to do Liberty. I'll be so happy when ALL the ships are through drydock! Keep up the great reviews!

So did I miss something? What does (HDR) stand for? I just got my first DSLR so I don't know the lingo yet.

It stands for "High Dynamic Range".

The camera actually takes a series of pictures with different exposure settings and then "merges" them into one. Pretty cool stuff!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyroguy!....thanks so much for posting your review and photos! I just booked the Liberty, same itinerary for later this year! I have been on the Liberty once before, but not since the recent upgrades. Your photos, and your review on the ports of call just have me soooooo excited now! Cant wait, but must do so anyway. Love the review from start to finish!:)

Before we begin, I need to give another shout-out to Monica in the steakhouse on the Liberty. Without her, I would not have the pictures for this review. I mistakenly left my SD card on the ship in the safe and she gave us personal service after the trip and made sure we got it back. She's an angel.

Great to hear you got it back!! I am loving your review and pictures!!!

...Narrow Streets (HDR)...

DSC_3261_2_3_tonemapped.jpg

I absolutely LOVE this picture.

When you picked out your cabana at the4 excursion desk, did you have to pick your sodas and all that right then? Or was it something you could step aside, think about and bring back to the excursion desk?

Thanks for sharing your pictures and writing a great review. We are in major countdown mode to embarkation!

Great Review and I can really appreciate the pictures. I recently picked up the Nikon D5100 and am looking forward to my first cruise with it. What settings did you use for your pictures and did you use on camera or the pop up for the flash?

Thanks again ...great review

Wow an 11:50 flight out of FLL , we are on the same cruise next Nov. Havent booked air looking for the best deal between Mia and Fll and everything I have read is not to book before 1pm out of there . I am finding a lot of noonish flight out FLL but am hesitant to book them.

Great Review enjoyed it. :):)

That could be dangerous after an afternoon at Jack's Shack. :eek:

Yes we shall stagger back together after having our 'rum shots', some drinks and jerk chicken - to recuperate enuf to enjoy our 2nd elegant night! :D:D