Baltimore Hotels

Cruisin'BusyBee

Hoping we can get some good feedback/hotel ideas for Baltimore, MD - tentatively 9/9/12 for Carnival Pride. We would like to be near port (who doesn't - LOL!) and not too far from airport.

Also, taxi fees would be most appreciated.

Thanks so much for any help here :D

C/BB

You said airport, would that be BWI (Baltimore Washington International) airport?? It really isn't near the town of Baltimore, its quite a ways out. You might be better off posting your question on the Home Ports board.

It's really not that far, 20-25 minutes.

Hoping we can get some good feedback/hotel ideas for Baltimore' date=' MD - tentatively 9/9/12 for Carnival Pride. We would like to be near port (who doesn't - LOL!) and not too far from airport.

Also, taxi fees would be most appreciated.

Thanks so much for any help here :D

C/BB[/quote']

The BWI airport Hotels are about 15-20 minutes away, while the Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotels are about a 10 min cab ride from the port.

Radio

;);)

Hi there,

We have used the Sleep Inn for our cruise out of Baltimore. If you drive they have parking for 14 days. If you fly in they have an airport shuttle. In the morning they shuttle you to the ship & back on your return to the hotel / car or to airport.

There are several places to eat that are walking distance from the hotel plus a free hot breakfast in the morning.

We also used the light rail line that runs in front of the place to take us into center city and went to the Inner Harbor.

This is a good option!

BWI Airport is a 10 mile drive from the cruise terminal. Go to our website, http://www.cruisemaryland.com ~ there is a page on hotels that breaks things down into different areas ~ look for one near the Inner Harbor which is only 2.5 miles away from the cruise terminal. Check for those with special codes for stay and cruise packages many of which include breakfast and parking (they will shuttle you to and from the terminal). Enjoy!!!

Hi there,

We have used the Sleep Inn for our cruise out of Baltimore. If you drive they have parking for 14 days. If you fly in they have an airport shuttle. In the morning they shuttle you to the ship & back on your return to the hotel / car or to airport.

There are several places to eat that are walking distance from the hotel plus a free hot breakfast in the morning.

We also used the light rail line that runs in front of the place to take us into center city and went to the Inner Harbor.

This is a good option!

Can you tell me more about the "light rail"? What is it, cost, etc?

Also there are two Sleep Inns, one on Fallsway (Inner Harbor) and one on Belle Grove (Airport).

The one on Belle Grove does not get good reviews on TA.

I am looking at the Holiday Inn at the Stadiums also.

The HI has a free shuttle to/from the Inner Harbor. I have not been able to find much info on the boards about the HI. One poster told me the area is not the best. The reviews are pretty good on TA.

As a Maryland native and Baltimore resident for 2 years up until July (right in Locust Point) where the terminal is, I will say that the easiest thing to do if you just want a night to sleep (ie arriving late the night before) is to stay at a hotel near BWI airport. It's about a 15 minute cab ride from there to the terminal. If you feel like spending a day sightseeing in Baltimore, stay in the inner harbor and it's only about a 5 minute cab ride to the terminal (and 15-20 mins from the airport).

Do not book a hotel near the stadium and think you can walk around at night. If you want a room with transportation from the airport and to the cruise port I suggest the Town and Country Suites at Linthicum, near airport. Very clean and frindly with a good breakfast in the am, we stay there all the time. There is a restaurant right next door.

Can you tell me more about the "light rail"? What is it, cost, etc?

Also there are two Sleep Inns, one on Fallsway (Inner Harbor) and one on Belle Grove (Airport).

The one on Belle Grove does not get good reviews on TA.

I am looking at the Holiday Inn at the Stadiums also.

The HI has a free shuttle to/from the Inner Harbor. I have not been able to find much info on the boards about the HI. One poster told me the area is not the best. The reviews are pretty good on TA.

The one we stayed at was Belle Grove. We had no problem at all. In fact, there is a big screen in the breakfast area. There was a big football game on the night before our cruise. They set the TV up for us (4 people), ordered food and had a small party. We had a small group there before game was over.

Light rail is like a small train. DW recalls it was $2.50 - $2,75 round trip.

I live about 5-10 minutes south of the airport and 15-20 south of the port. I would definitely recommend staying at a hotel near BWI. There are a lot of nice ones where you will be paying far less than the Inner Harbor. Try Embassy Suites and see if their shuttle will take you to the port. They likely will. The Inner Harbor is very cool, but far more pricey than staying closer to BWI.

I live about 5-10 minutes south of the airport and 15-20 south of the port. I would definitely recommend staying at a hotel near BWI. There are a lot of nice ones where you will be paying far less than the Inner Harbor. Try Embassy Suites and see if their shuttle will take you to the port. They likely will. The Inner Harbor is very cool, but far more pricey than staying closer to BWI.

Sorry to hijack - but I have a similar dilemma, would your advice be the same?

We are driving to Baltimore, checking in Thurs aft, with cruise departing Sunday. Our plan was to take the MARC train to Washington on Friday, then Baltimore sightseeing on Sat. And parking at the port for the cruise.

Inner harbour or near the airport? Or a 3rd option?

Thanks in advance! I've been reading the Baltimore port boards as well, but can't decide what to do.

J

Sorry to hijack - but I have a similar dilemma, would your advice be the same?

We are driving to Baltimore, checking in Thurs aft, with cruise departing Sunday. Our plan was to take the MARC train to Washington on Friday, then Baltimore sightseeing on Sat. And parking at the port for the cruise.

Inner harbour or near the airport? Or a 3rd option?

Thanks in advance! I've been reading the Baltimore port boards as well, but can't decide what to do.

J

I'd stay near BWI if you want to save a little money. Both cities are pretty expensive in the touristy areas. For a cheap lunch you can take the MARC into Untion Station in DC and take the METRO anywhere from there - but China Town has super cheap lunches. It is near Verizon Center. I have to look at the app on my phone (you can load a METRO app), but I am pretty sure it is L' Enfant Plaza for China Town. Then take the METRO to the Smithsonian stop and you are right there by the bulk of the museums (all free if they are Smithsonian), Washington Monument, White House, etc.

I have never taken the MARC into Baltimore because it is so easy to drive around town there - with a GPS lol. The National Aquarium is at the Inner Harbor and it is supposed to be very good. You also have a lot of shopping and restaurants there. I love this area for things to do, but it gets expensive :eek:

Check with whatever hotel you choose, but most will let you park free for the duration of your cruise and take you to port. If they let you park but won't take you, I can if I am in town. I am so close by and I love driving by and looking at the ships.

I'd stay near BWI if you want to save a little money. Both cities are pretty expensive in the touristy areas. For a cheap lunch you can take the MARC into Untion Station in DC and take the METRO anywhere from there - but China Town has super cheap lunches. It is near Verizon Center. I have to look at the app on my phone (you can load a METRO app), but I am pretty sure it is L' Enfant Plaza for China Town. Then take the METRO to the Smithsonian stop and you are right there by the bulk of the museums (all free if they are Smithsonian), Washington Monument, White House, etc.

I have never taken the MARC into Baltimore because it is so easy to drive around town there - with a GPS lol. The National Aquarium is at the Inner Harbor and it is supposed to be very good. You also have a lot of shopping and restaurants there. I love this area for things to do, but it gets expensive :eek:

Check with whatever hotel you choose, but most will let you park free for the duration of your cruise and take you to port. If they let you park but won't take you, I can if I am in town. I am so close by and I love driving by and looking at the ships.

Thanks! And that's awesome of you to offer! :)

We thought about doing the hotel shuttle option, but decided against since we have a long drive back to Toronto after the cruise and thought it would be easier to head out straight from the port. I'm sure this is the more expensive way, but more convenient!

Appreciate the advice for staying near the airport ... will check the Embassy as you mentioned and others.

Looking forward to visiting your city next fall! :)

Jenn

No problem! I like to leave right away too, so I totally understand being willing to pay for that service. Embassy Suites has a daily cocktail hour and very nice rooms - that is why we stay there. We have 4 kids and after a few hours on the road with them I need that cocktail hour :p

No problem! I like to leave right away too, so I totally understand being willing to pay for that service. Embassy Suites has a daily cocktail hour and very nice rooms - that is why we stay there. We have 4 kids and after a few hours on the road with them I need that cocktail hour :p

I just looked at the Embassy website - WOW! - I think this is perfect for us! Shuttle to the Marc station for Washington, shuttle to the Light Rail to Inner Harbour ...

And who doesn't love a good cocktail hour! :D

Thanks a million for the suggestion!

I just looked at the Embassy website - WOW! - I think this is perfect for us! Shuttle to the Marc station for Washington, shuttle to the Light Rail to Inner Harbour ...

And who doesn't love a good cocktail hour! :D

Thanks a million for the suggestion!

LOL enjoy your time in MD and on the cruise.

Brookshire Suites Cruise Package includes a good hot breakfast and transportation to the port. It was $109 plus $9.95 fee plus tax last April. For those driving, it included 8 days of parking for no additional cost.

Go to www.harbormagic.com and look for cruise special.

Am I missing something :confused:

I went to the web site and this hotel is not listed?

Do not book a hotel near the stadium and think you can walk around at night. If you want a room with transportation from the airport and to the cruise port I suggest the Town and Country Suites at Linthicum, near airport. Very clean and frindly with a good breakfast in the am, we stay there all the time. There is a restaurant right next door.

We are driving in, 7 hours, so we are not looking to walk around much.

The HI has a free shuttle to Inner Harbor, so I figured we would go there for dinner and a little sightseeing and back to the hotel early. They also have shuttle to and from the port and parking is including in the price.

Am I missing something :confused:

I went to the web site and this hotel is not listed?

I found this on the web site...

Please Note: Effective July 15, 2011 the Brookshire Suites is no longer affiliated with Harbor Magic Hotels. Please contact the hotel directly to discuss your existing reservations or reservation needs.

I will call them directly.

Wow! What a shock! I've been staying there when I have training at our agency's headquarters for the last dozen years. I clicked harbormagic site when I posted just to make sure that harbormagic was still offering the cruise and stay special but I didn't think to scroll down and look for Brookshire suites. I found their new website - brookshiresuites.com

As for specials, it said, "Brookshire Suites has many specials and packages available, for details, please contact our sales department at (410) 625-1300."

I hope they still offer it. We'll probably cruise from Baltimore again because we enjoyed our last stay. We parked, walked around the Inner Harbor, had dinner at PF Chang's and used the included transportation to and from the port.

I found this on the web site...

Please Note: Effective July 15, 2011 the Brookshire Suites is no longer affiliated with Harbor Magic Hotels. Please contact the hotel directly to discuss your existing reservations or reservation needs.

I will call them directly.

If you can. post what you find out.

Archived