Best time to book Independence for Summer 2012?

Hi, sorry if this subject has been flogged to death, but I was looking for some advice for booking. I am dying to get back on Independence of the Seas, but money is really tight for us this year, and so I want to get the best deal possible.

People who have booked from the UK, when do you find is the best time for prices/deals? The cruise I am looking at is the 28th July Med cruise, so early booking has probably passed.

The price is currently hovering around £1450 for an inside, with free parking. Am I likely to see a lower price or any offers/OBC nearer the date, or should I head to a TA to see what they can offer me now?

If you use a High Street TA be clear as to whether they will honour price drops. Call RCCL in the first instance to get an idea of what they can offer as they will generally offer OBC over the phone which is a better deal than booking on line with them. The online TAs have also some VERY good deals to be had.

I check online first to get the online price as it includes a 5% discount, then call direct to see what they can offer. They usually give you On Board Credit which can outweigh the 5% discount. Then check with high street TA's as they get different deals and can work to get you a lower price. Then check with online TA's but be careful with those because the price they show doesn't include everything like pre-paid gratuities and some taxes. Both online TA's and High Street TA's may not honor price drops if that is important to you.

CK x

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I just listen to the presentation of the 4 th quarter financial results of Royal Carribean by their CEO (February 2, 2012)

Since Costa Concordia sank, they are experiencing a 10 to 20%

drop in new booking as of February 2, 2012.

They are still holding their prices for now but they seem very nervous about the uncertainty of the situation of the cruise business.

They are not affected for their first quarter of 2012 since those cruises were booked before the Concordia sank.

I think you should monitor the prices of RCL and Carnival (two real competitors) When one of them will flinch and lower his prices the other one will soon follow.

I think you can expect a drop of 20% by May, may be more if you book closer to the cruise departure.

Obviously some ship will not book as well of others so you can expect big saving for those ships by booking at the last minute.

That's what i will do.

I Hope this help.

Mike

That cruise has been on sale since March last year....I'd wait till next month when the summer 2013 go on sale and book on the first day. School holiday cruises command a premium. Then you have another year to save up for it;)

If you are a member than you usually get an early booking window.

Archived