What should I expect timewise traveling from Venice to Milan by car?

stipmom

Car would be easier than train with luggage but I don't know what the average traveling time would be.Thanks

I do not believe that by car is easier at all.

I have driven the Autostrada from Milan to Venice (and back) several times. It depends how fast you dare to go. It is about 300 kilometers. If you do 100 km/hr, people will honk at you and flash their lights for you to get out of the way LOL. They do like to drive fast. There are several toll roads as well, I cannot remember if it was about 25 dollars or 25 euros, plus gas plus drop off charges.

The train, well, I have to say that the train is a pretty good way to get there. Directly from Venice St Lucia to Milan Centrale in about 2 1/2 hours on the Eurostar train. If you go first or second class, the baggage can be loaded for you. Get a bottle of wine, some salami, cheese and bread and really enjoy the ride.

No traffic, not going 100 miles per hour on the freeway, no toll charges, no drop off charges...just a nice train ride and some wine and cheese. You arrive in Milan rested, relaxed and ready to carry on. (go to Arona, on the southern tip of Lago Magiorre, beautiful spot)

I have done both and can assure you, the train is the way to do it LOL.

Archived