Suggestions for first-time cruiser door decorations

I am going on a cruise in a couple of weeks with 4 other couples, 3 of which have never cruised before. (This will be our 11th RCI) I am trying to come up with some ideas of ways to decorate the cruise virgins' cabin doors and am coming up empty. They are not on cc so using any of the door signs from here won't work. Please help me!!!

not sure how much it is nor how much you want to spend but Royal has bon voyage stuff you can buy and they'll put it up....it's on their website under gifts and gear..

you could make up signs too, and maybe balloons, magnets....you could roam through the local craft store and see what you could come up with....maybe print stuff out on your computer, then put little stickers or whatever on them....(the signs, not the door..)

the doors are metal so magnets will stick...

I made my own last year and printed them on my computer then had them lamenated. I used removeable double stick tape to hang them then when we left I removed the tape. I used something that had to do with my last name then printed our first names and it worked like a charm and helped my wwife when she got lost

I have a door sign I use for us and sometimes my cruise critic sign also. I bought paper with design on it like palm trees and then I have some scrapbook items showing the state we are from and also the ships we have ventured on. Mine also has my cruise critic screen name and cruise critic.com on the bottom of the sign also.

I use command on the back of my sign. works wonderful. don't have to worry about magnets in my luggage flying either..lol

Just make it what you wish. I love looking at other door signs. Sometimes you see a lot and sometimes I feel like I am only one! lol

enjoy

Keep it simple and cheap. Our New Years decorations on the Mariner cruise last week had pieces stolen by kids running the ship after hours 3 separate times. It seemed that simple posters fared better on doors than more elaborate set-ups.

Our friend made this for us one year. She had it laminated at a professional print shop where we live since it was too big to have it laminated at Office Depot.

Find a picture of the ship you are sailing on and replace it with the graphic on our poster. Then put their last name where our last name went.

And if you have a picture of them place it somewhere on the poster. There is a lot of cutting and pasting to do but it is worth it. The proof is below.

homeawayfromhome-1.jpg

We have purchased printable 8.5 X 11 sheets that have the magnetic backing. Then designed our own door signs on our computer with graphics and photos, print them out and slap them on our door. The sheets are fairly inexpensive and can be found at WalMart and at office supply stores.

We have a big blue plastic anchor that we put on our door. Depending on the number of teens on the ship, the anchor has managed to grow legs and move down the corridor or to another deck. Sometimes it became a(n irritating) scavenger hunt, but we have managed to leave with it every cruise. Now that I say that, I've cursed myself for our next trip! ;)

Moral of the story though, if they want to decorate, going to the dollar store or party store would be their best bet. That way if things disappear, they won't be too upset.

Archived