Star Princess Hawaii Oct 21, 2012

RMorningglory

One word.... "Gulp"

AJ and I were in the car this week and I asked him what he wanted to do and he was like, "Why are we going anywhere... we should just hang out in SF". Sounds good to me!

Well of course - I told you that AJ was a bright guy ;)

I just finally found a deal on both The Hilton Union Square on the 20th and the Hilton Hawaiian Village on the 28th. Now I feel like I'm getting somewhere. We leave for Vegas on Thursday so I'm really running around finishing projects. Uggh.

How is the countdown going for you lads??

How is the countdown going for you lads??

Do you realize we're leaving on a cruise in 13 days??? I think I'm doing the Chris thing - I've got so much going on I might be trying to get my you know what together sometime on the 20th.

I have lost four pounds, so hoping THAT stays off until at least the 22nd.

Glad to hear that you've gotten your hotel ressies...the room at Hilton Hawaiian sounds like great fun. I hope AJ properly appreciates you. ;)

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to exchange cell phone numbers and cabin numbers - you too Jeroen if you'd like - so that we're all set to find each other, and don't forget you were going to work on Chef's Table reservations...not that it's the ONLY reason for you to know my cabin number :)

So that all 3600 visitors aren't lining up to call us or visit our staterooms, I'll give you my email address - which is my screen name at aol. Just let me know it's you so I don't send you to spam ;)

Otherwise, happy packin'!

Sweet - now if the 3600 hits want to check in, they can call you ;)

PS - did you get your BVE ressies?

FYI we're SOL on BVE. Sold out.:eek:

We keep trying however!

Off to Vegas in the morning. Due to the nature of Vegas rules I will not be at liberty to tell you ANYTHING about what we may or may not have done there. I will let you believe the worst and hope you're right! LOL :p

FYI we're SOL on BVE. Sold out.:eek:

We keep trying however!

Off to Vegas in the morning. Due to the nature of Vegas rules I will not be at liberty to tell you ANYTHING about what we may or may not have done there. I will let you believe the worst and hope you're right! LOL :p

I'm sorry to hear you're SOL on BVE - it would have been fun to hang together - keep trying and if it doesn't work we'll steal a couple of bread sticks from the dining room for you.

As far as Vegas goes, have a great time doing things there that stay there :) But I would like pictures please.

Hi boys - just checking in to see if you've all counted out your underwear and have your speedos ready to go in the suitcase. I ask because I'm hoping that you don't so that I won't feel behind in packing :) .

Also looking for 4000 hits before we sail on Sunday - we're almost there!

Aloha!

4001! That's 1000.25 for each of us...

Well at least our thread is "Cruisy". Someone's looking... a lot. Hope they are as friendly as the spa goers in Las Vegas and about as youthful as well. LOL

So my back is OUT so here I am in the office standing up typing. Hoping it goes as fast as it came or I am going to be a pretzel getting onto that boat!

Vegas was great, the red eye was rough as I had to hit the ground running as soon as we touched down. Uggh. I watched the Debate and passed out as they were shaking hands I swear. I have already voted so it's too late no matter what they say but since one of them is someone we are very familliar with in Massachusetts it was a little easier to know what I was doing.

I am thinking we are going to do Laundry and send my linen shirts and pants to the dry cleaning on board so I'll plan to pack as lightly as possible. The tuxedo's are in the bag. Easier I think than all the stuff that goes with suits and at this point I think they are fitting us both well so what the hell.

I beat AJ at both Cribbage abd Scrabble in Vegas and I have a feeling he is looking for oppertunities for revenge on our sea days! This could spell trouble.

What are the creature comforts you bring on board so that you make your cabin feel like home?

Friendly spa goers on Star Princess - you betcha. As young as Las Vegas? Not so much...BUT if you're back is out, maybe someone will offer to rub it for you? I know that lying out in the warm tropical sun is sure to help. The big question is how did you throw your back out?

I know - what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

I have also put my absentee ballot in the mail, and I'm glad to have it over with...by this time the politics get a little bit overwhelming and I start to get...sick of it. I'm just glad that we're home before election day - I don't want to see the returns on MUTS.

What Captain's Circle level are you? I'm a Black Card you know - and because I've anointed you my Cruise Critic Buddy (see the roll call board) I could offer to run some items through the ship's laundry if you like. I'm bringing black suit and tux shirts, but no tux. And I've tried it and believe it or not it still fits! I do admire your courage...LINEN!! I do manage to keep the number of pairs of shoes to a minimum - only black ones come along.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you and AJ play board games on sea days - you in the sun, he in the shade...how does that work?

My Travel Agent is a clever lady and when the luggage tags went to paper (remember when you used to have to wait for them in the mail? Talk about anticipation!) she sent me some plastic tag covers that they slip in and then attach to the luggage handle. And yes, I've printed out three versions of my boarding pass - just in case.

Have you heard anything about space in the BVE? We will have to coordinate who is calling Chef's Table Sunday morning.

As far as making the cabin feel like home, I've been on so many Princess cruises it's like the cabin IS home. I'm usually overloaded with toiletries and clothes so there's not a lot of room for much else. I will fill all of the bathroom shelves myself with 15 days of toiletries...it's a good thing my ex isn't traveling with me or he would have to put his stuff on the floor. What are your creature comforts?

Today is the last day of work so my mind is still on that (which is crazy I know) but I will be in full pre-cruise panic mode tomorrow I'm sure. There's still a lot of stuff to stage to pack...and then I have to pack it!!

Archived