Summit Condition

Minnie2u2

I just returned from the Eclipse and had a wonderful time.....very clean, beautiful ship. I'm now going to book the Summit in June to Bermuda, but have read some very disturbing reviews!! Old, tired, dirty....wow.......hope this will be changed while it's being refurnbished January 2012. Does any one else have concerns? I'll also be booking the Aqua class, which is going to be a new addition to the Summit, on Deck 9. I called Celebrity to get an overview of the cabins, ect...the agent I spoke with, knew nothing...very disturbing.

I just returned from the Eclipse and had a wonderful time.....very clean, beautiful ship. I'm now going to book the Summit in June to Bermuda, but have read some very disturbing reviews!! Old, tired, dirty....wow.......hope this will be changed while it's being refurnbished January 2012. Does any one else have concerns? I'll also be booking the Aqua class, which is going to be a new addition to the Summit, on Deck 9. I called Celebrity to get an overview of the cabins, ect...the agent I spoke with, knew nothing...very disturbing.

Hi Minnie2u2,

RE - Aqua Class on Summit - Cabin Overviews

While we await LIVE photos from the Summit's Refurb in the meantime may I suggest the following...

Go to the Celebrity Website and order a copy of the "Caribbean & Bermuda" Cruise Guide for 2012-13... there is great info in it regarding ALL of Celebrity Ships... both the NEW ones that have recently launched (Silhoutte), those to come (Reflection), as well as those that are being "solsticized" (such as the Summit).

I found the Guide to have much better info than I found on Celebrity's Website (although certainly never as good as what I find out here LIVE on CC)

I got my Guide in the mail within 7 to 10 days of ordering it... a great way to do some "cruise day-dreaming"

Cheers!

The Summit goes in I believe next week for her S class makeover. When you sail in June she will be the next best thing to a new ship that you can find. Celebrity is spending millions of dollars to put all the favorite features of the S class ships on Summit. This will include work on all the staterooms and new bedding. We had people mention those reviews in the past and if you look at them you will find just as many good reviews, if not more.

If you have any questions about Aqua Class cabins on Summit, ask away, they will be new to the Summit with her drydock..

She goes into drydock this weekend for 3 weeks.

As for the reviews? There are good and bad for every ship. I have

sailed her 3 times over the last 2 years and all 3 of my cruises were

fantastic:)

But she will be looking new after the Solsticization and I am sure you

will have a great cruise:D

We were on Summit to Bermuda this past August, and found the ship to be in great shape, wonderful crew and service, friendly outgoing officers, etc. We will be doing the same cruise in June, after sostisization (SP?), in the same aft CC cabin, and expect that all will be even better:). Don't know why some like to complain about Summit.

David

We were on Summit in April and I loved the ship. It only shows some aging if you look for it. Some rust on the balcony. An older toilet seat. NOTHING that would ruin my cruise.

We were on Summit to Bermuda this past August, and found the ship to be in great shape, wonderful crew and service, friendly outgoing officers, etc. We will be doing the same cruise in June, after sostisization (SP?), in the same aft CC cabin, and expect that all will be even better:). Don't know why some like to complain about Summit.

David

David, my husband and I are new to Celebrity. What aft balcony did you have and are there some that have larger balconies than others? We had a corner wrap-around balcony on Enchantment of the Seas that we loved. Is there anything like that? Thanks!

Archived