Audio/Video inputs on stateroom TVs?

wdblake

I have a small device that allows me to play recorded movies (harddrive + WD TV). I am sailing the Emerald princess in an inside cabin. Would like to know if there are audio/video inputs so I can plug it in.

Any help appreciated!

They are blocked. But a call to the desk has someone right in to unblock it. No problem on any of the last several cruises. If they question the request, just stand firm.

We always bring our laptop and plenty of DVDs to connect to the TV and enjoy our own entertainment. It may take a mirror to see the back of the TV to find the correct spot to plug in.

I didn't bring my computer to give it a try on the Emerald but the inputs are tough to get to and the TV is locked tight to prevent it from swiveling even a little.

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv147/OLD_CRUISER/EMERALD%20PRINCESS/DSC06170.jpg

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv147/OLD_CRUISER/EMERALD%20PRINCESS/DSC06168.jpg

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv147/OLD_CRUISER/EMERALD%20PRINCESS/DSC06167.jpg

Depending on the TV being used . Some have front A/V inputs.

The newer TV ( LCD flat screens):cool: that are currently being installed

in some ships , the A/V Inputs are on the side and readily accessible.

I haven't noticed that inputs disabled :confused: because you could select then from the remote control unit.

Saw the back of some sets they where installing , no HDMI.

Took the model number , checked online . The commercial unit for purchase

in stores had 2 HDMI connectors . I understand that large companies like

cruise lines , hotels etc can get custom manufactured units with what they

want installed.

On the Pacific, the tv was View Sonic and I didn't have any trouble getting the dvd player to work. I used the cables that have red, yellow, white ends, but there was an HDMI input on the back. That tv was on a shelf that slides in and out and rotates to the bed area or the sofa area, so I had great access.

I don't understand why they would want to block the input mode on the remote. :confused: Enough people have reported problems with it, so it has to be the case, but I'm not sure why.

• 2 months later...
I have a small device that allows me to play recorded movies (harddrive + WD TV). I am sailing the Emerald princess in an inside cabin. Would like to know if there are audio/video inputs so I can plug it in.

Any help appreciated!

How did your WD TV wok out? I just got a similar unit (Sony SNP-n200) & am consider returning it as it doesn't support my movie files like the WD TV does. (VOB)

Archived