Does Carnival have a cruise through the Panama Canal?

I've searched their website and I don't see any Carnival ships that go through the Panama Canal. Princess has one cruise on 9/28/12 leaving from San Francisco. It's not the departing port that's the problem, it's us not wanting to fight some of the other problems on Princess. Been there done that and never again. This will be our 11th cruise on Carnival and want to stay with the line. Hope someone can help.

I've searched their website and I don't see any Carnival ships that go through the Panama Canal. Princess has one cruise on 9/28/12 leaving from San Francisco. It's not the departing port that's the problem, it's us not wanting to fight some of the other problems on Princess. Been there done that and never again. This will be our 11th cruise on Carnival and want to stay with the line. Hope someone can help.

Have you called them?

Never done the Panama Canal. Looks very interesting. :)

You might want to contact Carnival and ask....we went to the Panama Canal on the Legend several years back, but the ship did not pass thru the canal....we took a tour to do that. It depends on the size of the ship which needs to be smaller to fit thru the canal. But it was an awesome cruise.

Hoping that they will put one on the 2013 schedule. Looking to do that cruise and would really like to go on Carnival but can't book Carnival if they don't have one.

Would have loved to have done the one on the Inspiration but we were on another cruise ship LOL.

I would definately do it again...most relaxing trip ever

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

If Carnival doesn't do it, please consider doing it with another cruise line. We did a Princess cruise through the Panama Canal a while ago....best cruise ever. Not because of the ship so much, but the canal itself. Very interesting. We ended up and Costa Rica and flew home from there.

Carnival only does a Full Panama Canal Transit when they are repositioning ships from one coast to the other.

We did the full transist on the Carnival Pride in 2009 Long Beach California to Miami. Then the Pride headed to Baltimore for it's new home. Was awesome, no other cruise like it. Do it if you can no matter what cruise line it is and only do a full transit. You won't be sorry.

There were 2 full transits this year..the Inspiration and the Paradise changing home ports.

In one of the locks...we barely fit...could reach out and touch the side.

2631682800055441959S425x425Q85.jpg

2679201310055441959S425x425Q85.jpg

We had the corner aft wrap stateroom on deck 7 and this was a shot from our balcony.

2638293950055441959S425x425Q85.jpg

I'm with the consensus here; find a ship that does a full transit and do it! We were on Carnival's most recent Canal transit (12/03/11 Tampa to Long Beach on the Inspiration) and it was an AMAZING trip. I would do another Panama Canal cruise in a heartbeat.

HAL has a couple of cruises thru the canal, departing from San Diego and Ft Lauderdale during Feb, Mar, and Apr of this year.

Their schedule even includes several cruises that are round-trip from SDto Lauderdale and back that include TWO transits of the canal.

Just a thought...

Archived