PG Experience....has it changed? Truth not Rumor Requested

rubyclk

We have been planning our upcoming PG trip in May for a long time. We're doing a RSSC arranged pre-cruise as well as a back to back. The conversations on this board about management operations are of concern. However has there been any change in service/ambience/quality on board the PG since all of the administrative distractions have begun?

Cathy K

I can tell you this is what Radisson has done to me and my vacation- BEWARE~!

Has anyone ever had this happen? I was booked (and paid) since last year to sail on Radisson's Paul Gauguin on Aug 6th 2005 in French polynesia with a 4 day pre-package on Moorea and air from LAX to Tahiti included in cruise package. My travel agent called today to say that Radisson has bumped all passangers booked on this week to let a charter company have the ship. This was to be a trip of a life time, with my sister and husband, who would be celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary the week we were at sea. I am shocked at Radisson, they have not been at all helpful or nice. They offered a cabin upgrade of one catagory on another sailing, but then were unable to give us any of the alternative dates that we requested. They did offer a full refund of the price of the cruise. (Not what I wanted at all!) I am very upset, and concerned about the non-refundable costs that Radisson has incurred to me: 4 first class airline ticket I booked to LAX, the hotel at LAX, the limo, not to mention the scheduling, time, effort and now the huge disappointment. In doing research on Radisson today, I found out that the Paul Gauguin ship has been sold and may not be in French polynesia much longer. Perhaps this is why rebooking with Radisson seems impossible. Does anyone have any advice or comments about the way Radisson treats their customers? Do I have any other options?

Yes, the changes at the upper levels of RSSC have been mentioned many times. You have posted this situation of yours on several threads. But it does not speak to the question I asked. Has the onboard experience changed? Were expectations/promises for the onboard experience not met?

Cathy K.

Cathy K, here is what I wrote during the start of our second week on our b2b

we took Mar 5-19:

First, standards & expectations on board the PG are spectacular...we love it and have gone to heaven...we are now in Papeete at the port as the second weeks guests are boarding.

The PG crew has no inkling of this board or GCT's antics--they just continue to provide

stellar service...I was so ecstatic I wrote the CEO to highlight the best dive team on the PG (best in French Poly), and describe the absolutely over the top service of the

Maitre D in L'Etoile and of our waiter Jerry.

Rest assured (comments on GCT's biz conduct, Candj's post above & elsewhere) the PG experience is my view is one of the best afloat (we were on the Navigator in Dec)

and will be on the Navigator next Jan, Mariner next Aug...so you can tell we are loyal

RSSC cruisers.

I know of another group of 50 or so loyal RSSC cruisers that will be on with u in May.

You all are in for a extraordinary special treat...have a blast.

r/wes

We're on the PG May 21st with Wandra and quite a few others we've met here and elsewhere - I am quite excited.

This will be my 5th RSSC Cruise and I will have sailed 8 RSSC Cruises by next year. I think the service will be wonderful, GCT or not.

Our Back to Back dates are May 7 & 14. We've cruised with RSSC once before. It was a pleasant experience. We have heard so many wonderful things over the years regarding the Paul Gauguin. We're glad we didn't wait any longer.

Archived