pre-cruise stay???

Paula B

We will fly in the day before our cruise in April to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Does anyone know if we book the pre-cruise stay which hotel Princess uses and if there is any shopping close by or the water taxi.

There are lots of places near the cruise terminal which is just a short distance from the airport. I do not know whaat hotel Princess uses but check the departure boards and you can find out lots of places to stay. The last time we sailed from Ft Lauterdale we stayed at the Hyatt Place North which has a free shuttle and is close to shopping and restaurants. We bid for it on Priceline ( 3 1/2 stars) and got it for under $100. I don't remember the exact price. You can find more info on this hotel and others on the departure boards here on Cruise Critic.

We stayed at Hyatt Place North before our November cruise and will be staying there again in April before a cruise. There is a free shuttle both from the airport and to the ship. Lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. The hotel serve a complimentary continental breakfast and the price was right.

Last February one of the pre-stay hotels was the Embassy Suites. It was very close to the pier, within walking distance to a shopping center and Total Wine, and offered the evening happy hour and morning breakfast buffet. We had dinner in the one of the restaurants in the shoppping center.

We will fly in the day before our cruise in April to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Does anyone know if we book the pre-cruise stay which hotel Princess uses and if there is any shopping close by or the water taxi.

http://www.princess.com/learn/destinations/caribbean/extend/stay/ft_lauderdale.html

Just note that the prices are per person, and you can usually get a better rate on your own.

Paula... when we cruised on the Ruby in November, I got a Hotwire room at the Riverside Hotel in downtown Ft. Lauderdale on Las Olas. Great area for shopping and some cool restaurants. I believe it was right at $100 for the night from what I remember. My .02 is that any of the hotels in the nearby area will be fine and a very short cab ride to the cruise terminal. Just a word of advice though....the traffic getting into Port Everglades can really stack up. Give yourself plenty of time to get the cab from your hotel and plan for the traffic before embarkation. Additionally, your cruise documents will be checked at a security checkpoint at the port entrance if you're going in by car (even in the taxi). Just have them in your purse or backpack and you'll sail right through. Enjoy your cruise!!!

If in fact you do elect to use a Princess hotel, the only one that will be near shopping is Embassy.

Price compare the Embassy with and without using Princess to book. If it's a peak season, occasionally (rarely tho) it will be a bit less with the cruiseline pricing. And that would include transfers to the port.

It all depends on date and vacancy rate.

If you are talking the week pre or post Easter, prices all over will be super high...and you are very late in booking. I'd get on it today.

Archived