Wine/Liquor stores near hotel in Florida

Fat Bottom Gurl

I am crossposting this message (it is also on the florida departure forum)

We are staying at the La Quinta inn Airport hotel in Florida the night before cruising and are wondering if there is a good wine store in the area.

Also - am wondering about boarding (Princess) we on our own for boarding - when we get to the pier are there baggage carts available to put our luggage on? Where abouts do we hand off our baggage to be taken to our stateroom?

Thanks

When you get to the Pier, the porters will be there to take you bags and you will see them again in your stateroom

If this is the same hotel that we used a few years ago, you can walk to a Kmart and buy wine from there....not a huge selection but better than nothing. The other option is to order it from Total WIne (very close to the pier) and then just pick it up on the way to the ship. They will have it packaged and waiting for you.

The K-Mart in the Oakwood Plaza is your closest for wine. You can walk there from your hotel. If their selection is not to your liking, talk to the desk at the hotel or the shuttle drivers about a larger wine selection in the area.

Total Wine is probably the best, but it is not walkable.

Porters will be "all over you" at the pier drop off area to take care of your bags.

About a 11/2 miles west on Sheridan Street (your hotel is right off Sheridan) is a Crown Liquor - it has a nice selection of wines -in a shopping plaza just west of Topeekeegee Yugnee Park and on the north side of the road. Another mile down the road (heading west) in Sheridan Plaza, is a Publix, that has a pretty good selection of wines with a liquor store attached for hard spirits. A taxi would not cost much but perhaps you can get your hotel shuttle to go there since the distance isn't far.

I am crossposting this message (it is also on the florida departure forum)

We are staying at the La Quinta inn Airport hotel in Florida the night before cruising and are wondering if there is a good wine store in the area.

Also - am wondering about boarding (Princess) we on our own for boarding - when we get to the pier are there baggage carts available to put our luggage on? Where abouts do we hand off our baggage to be taken to our stateroom?

Thanks

Look at Tom Sheridan's port guides for Fort Lauderdale. He has a map that tells all the wine and liquer stores in walking distance of the port. His website is ************** dot com

I second total wine. You can preorder and make a quick stop with the cab/shuttle on your way to the pier.

As far as taking your own bags on board, I've never seen that done. Best to just give them to a porter and board.

Thanks so much for these replies. WE do like a nice selection of wine and I've been to the Total Wine website. I can't get over how inexpensive the wine is in the US compared to Canada. We'll be able to get some reallly nice vintages that are just unaffordable for us up here.

Nice to know the porters are readily available at the pier. We didn't want to lug our baggage too far (except for carry-on). And figure if we get a nice selection of wine and have it all boxed up it can be delivered to our stateroom.

Cheers

Deb

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks so much for these replies. WE do like a nice selection of wine and I've been to the Total Wine website. I can't get over how inexpensive the wine is in the US compared to Canada. We'll be able to get some reallly nice vintages that are just unaffordable for us up here.

Nice to know the porters are readily available at the pier. We didn't want to lug our baggage too far (except for carry-on). And figure if we get a nice selection of wine and have it all boxed up it can be delivered to our stateroom.

Cheers

Deb

I just called Crown Wine & Spirits today the guy I spoke to said they would deliver what ever I wanted to my hotel! Cool huh? No delivery fee as long as they aren't too far from your hotel and can be delivered during normal hours. My hotel is only about 2 miles away from one, I was so thrilled. He said if you called and ordered and paid by credit card they can just leave it at the Hotel desk for you.

Kim

Archived