Oasis/Allure Family Cruise

Hi again! I haven't really posted since my cruise on the Freedom of the Seas in July which goes without saying, SOO AMAZING!

Well we're back again but with the whole family! We're planning a cruise (multi-generational) with some people in budget but most not...

We would all prefer the Oasis or Allure, for sometime at the end of june to july 2012 or so... Is there a certain time you want to book. We're all set to book as soon as we find something suitable for everybody...price & time!

So my main questions are,

1) Would it be better to book now or wait a bit (will the price drop?)

and 2) Are the Allure and Oasis good for multi-generational families?

We will have 4 kids, (16, 13, 13, 12), 6 adults (40's through 60's)

Thank you all for the input in advanced. Much appreciated...

Oasis and Allure are definitely great ships for multi-generational cruising. They are huge, and have something for everyone. As for when to book, I would do it ASAP! Prices on these two ships tend to keep rising, and don't fall much, if at all. I hope you get everything set up and that you guys have an awesome cruise!

There's no doubt the Oasis/Allure are amazing ships, but they are very large and require a lot of walking. I would realy think about mobility concerens for the Grandparents. Even if they can get around without any difficulty, I wonder if all of the walking may take away from the enjoyment of the cruise. I would suggest that perhaps you consider staying with the Freedom class ships.

yes, book soon... We have a family gathering booked on July 29 Allure - Western..... We only have 3 cabins, so it is smaller than your family... HOwever, we had some difficulty getting the cabin categories we wanted close to each other (We have one D5 Ocean Balcony, and two C2 central park balcony.) So depending on what you had in mind, cabins next to each other may get more difficult to find going forward...

We did a multi-generational family cruise on Oasis last February and it was fabulous! We were a group of 20, and ages ranged from 30s all the way up to 80s. Everyone enjoyed themselves so much, we are going again, this time on Allure, in May (118 days, but who's counting?? :)). While dz9yvr is correct, the ship is huge, there are many places on the ship for the older family members to stop, rest and people watch for a bit before continuing on their way. I would also suggest you book soon. We booked our Allure cruise back in August and the prices have not dropped yet.

We were on the Allure in October. We had 8 cabins, ranging from age 24 to 74. We had boardwalk balconies, regular balconies and inside rooms. No one had any problem traversing the ship. If anyone has mobility problems there are many places to stop and rest. You should book asap; we booked 16 months out and there was never a drop; only increases. Enjoy your cruise. We have booked the Allure again for this October. I got the same boardwalk balcony as last year.

ASAP! Prices on these two ships tend to keep rising, and don't fall much, if at all. I hope you get everything set up and that you guys have an awesome cruise!

I agree. Our cruise did drop. I booked in Novemember of 2010 for May of 2011 and sometime around March the price dropped so I ended up with $300 extra OBC. Book early and lock in to prevent increases, but leave yourself open for drops. This is where your roll call group helps. If someone notices a price drop they can let everyone know and tell you when dinner and show reservations open up.

Archived