I can't eat, I can't sleep and I can't breathe...

without being reminded of my upcoming cruise in March. Just booked our 17th cruise two days ago. I swear I feel like I'm even smelling the ship every now and then. If I'm eating sushi, I picture me eating it on the promenade deck sitting at one of those little tables by the window. *Sighs*, I got it bad.

I think about our upcoming cruise ALL the time too. Even though I haven't practice packed, I've been selecting and packing all our clothes in special bins that I continuously check for months now. I can't wait for that moment I step on board! What a feeling. Instant bliss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Practive packing? How about actual packing?

I might need to see someone about this...:confused:

Today, I had my so accomodating DH try on all his cruise clothes that have been packed for a month now, FOR THE SECOND TIME :eek: Just to make sure the christmas holidays hadn't been to rough. Not that a couple pounds would have meant a new wardrobe but it was my excuse.

He went along with me but made it clear he wouldn't do it again. :D

I'm cruisesick and the cure is coming in a month.

When you are caught 'practice packing' then you can say you have it bad....until then, on this board you are about average.

I don't think my daughter has done any practice packing, but she's been working on her packing list. I don't mean the general stuff, actually deciding exactly what clothes she will bring. She has also been putting together differenct play lists on her ipod - getting ready for dinner music, driving to the port music, hanging by the pool music. You get the idea. She has also created a list of the pictures she wants to take.

We don't sail until the end of July.

Just 18 sleeps till I leave on my latest cruise. I have already planned what I am wearing each day, and stressed about buying a new suitcase, and re-planned what I was gonna wear, and then I packed. I check every day to see if the friends I am cruising with have finally gotten off their butts and at least filled out their funpass, but they still haven't done it. I already have the pdf files of my funpass and my luggage tags on my desktop ready to be printed so I'm covered if there's any problems with the Carnival site(like normal!!). I am SO ready to be on that ship with my first DOD... sigh...

Yeah join the club! We cruise in april and my thinking has been "oh that be nice for the cruise" , yes now that we made it through the holidays I can concentrate on the cruise , well that and disney(although we dont go to Disney till the fall!)..Its coming and coming fast!!!

It's almost like I don't have to choose my daily wardrobe for the rest of the year. Everything I look at, buy, launder, fold or consider has the question or statement "oh this will be great for the cruise" attached to it. And I LOVE my cruise clothes. I start packing about a week before. I'd do it sooner but my cats love to lounge on the suitcases.

Defeats the gentle rolling and packing....they're heavy! And it makes me miss them when I pull out a crushed pair of capris.

I feel my heart rate go up just thinking about my cruise I get so happy!

My suitcase from my September cruise is still halfway packed sitting on my chair in my room. :D I don't cruise until March too, but why unpack then have to repack six months later. So for the next too years, that is how it's gonna be!!! :D

without being reminded of my upcoming cruise in March. Just booked our 17th cruise two days ago. I swear I feel like I'm even smelling the ship every now and then. If I'm eating sushi, I picture me eating it on the promenade deck sitting at one of those little tables by the window. *Sighs*, I got it bad.

In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to get "prepped" for your cruise:

1. Sing along with every song on the radio so that you'll be ready for Karaoke.

2. Practice line dancing with a beverage in your hand (pretend it's the DOD), so that you can be proficient without spilling a drop.

3. When you leave your bedroom, have a family member make a towel animal and leave it on your bed for you.:)

It's almost like I don't have to choose my daily wardrobe for the rest of the year. Everything I look at, buy, launder, fold or consider has the question or statement "oh this will be great for the cruise" attached to it. And I LOVE my cruise clothes. I start packing about a week before. I'd do it sooner but my cats love to lounge on the suitcases.

Defeats the gentle rolling and packing....they're heavy! And it makes me miss them when I pull out a crushed pair of capris.

I feel my heart rate go up just thinking about my cruise I get so happy!

This is so funny to me, because I am the exact same way. It doesn't matter that I have to get dressed for work 5 days a week and clothes on the weekend...I go shopping now and it is, "honey, will this look good for the cruise". He laughs and says it is only 1 week, but I tell him it is not just 1 week...it is 1 BLISSFUL week away from everyone!! :D:D

In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to get "prepped" for your cruise:

1. Sing along with every song on the radio so that you'll be ready for Karaoke.

2. Practice line dancing with a beverage in your hand (pretend it's the DOD), so that you can be proficient without spilling a drop.

3. When you leave your bedroom, have a family member make a towel animal and leave it on your bed for you.:)

Lol those are great ideas. I already put drinks in my DOD cups that I have from previous cruises. Unfortunately, I have my own apartment so there isn't anybody to leave a towel animal on my bed. But my mom does sometime bring me plates of food when she cooks. I consider that my room service lol

Normally we book cruises a few months out, so I don't have a lot of time to think about all the details...once we booked 5 months out and I thought I'd die waiting...the one booked for August 2012 was booked more than a year in advance:eek: ...I honestly had to just put it out of my mind, or else I'd go nuts. Then recently I booked the short Elation cruise out of NOLA with a friend, so of course I'm here on CC every day now...

I do have to say it's nice to book so far in advance to have the extra time to pay for it!

Yeah join the club! We cruise in april and my thinking has been "oh that be nice for the cruise" , yes now that we made it through the holidays I can concentrate on the cruise , well that and disney(although we dont go to Disney till the fall!)..Its coming and coming fast!!!

My two addictions as well-Disney and cruising. Right now Disney trips outnumber cruises, but we'll keep working on that :D

Archived