For those who have Cruised with Infants...

parrotthead

Taking the "Traveling GingerBaby on the Go" on his First Cruise on in Feb. He will be 8mo. We have traveled with him, land, roadtrips, etc. We have Cruised but not with baby.

Im a little stressed about how much Formula, diapers, babyfood etc to take. Not like going to stay on land for 5 days...where you can run to Kroger and get more (diapers, wipes, formula, etc) if needed.

Any advise on this?

:confused:

We are soon leaving with our almost 6 month old (will be at time of travel). This is our 3rd cruise and we have older kids so we sort've have an idea of what we are doing but this is our first time with an infant so I too am always open to suggestions from others. My daughter is breastfed so I'm not worried about feeding but am curious as to any other tips (she's a really adaptable baby). Our cruise is 10 days long. :)

I cruised Carnival with my son when he was 9 months old...I wrote a review on what baby items I brought, what I wished I brought, what was a waste of space, etc. My son got diarrhea so I'm glad I brought extra diapers! Search this forum and you will find a lot of helpful info. Carnival Valor pureed foods for us and were very accomodating, even though we brought baby food with us. Have fun!

I cruised Carnival with my son when he was 9 months old...I wrote a review on what baby items I brought, what I wished I brought, what was a waste of space, etc. My son got diarrhea so I'm glad I brought extra diapers! Search this forum and you will find a lot of helpful info. Carnival Valor pureed foods for us and were very accomodating, even though we brought baby food with us. Have fun!

will you post the link to your review..

When we drove to the port, we brought a costco box of diapers with 2 sleeves of diapers, we used the rest of the space for wipes, etc. (+ what was in the dipaer bag.)

If you have to travel (other than by car) to your port & are staying overnight at a hotel... you can have diapers dot com ship baby food, etc. to the hotel. We did that with no problems.

We over packed for our cruise, luckily we stopped in Port Canaveral - we shipped stuff home.

Since Carnival has coin-op laundry - we did laundry - twice. While my son napped, I stayed in the room while my husband did laundry.

For travel, I planned on 1 diaper per hour... we had too much, but the alternative would not have been pretty.

When we drove to the port, we brought a costco box of diapers with 2 sleeves of diapers, we used the rest of the space for wipes, etc. (+ what was in the dipaer bag.)

If you have to travel (other than by car) to your port & are staying overnight at a hotel... you can have diapers dot com ship baby food, etc. to the hotel. We did that with no problems.

We over packed for our cruise, luckily we stopped in Port Canaveral - we shipped stuff home.

Since Carnival has coin-op laundry - we did laundry - twice. While my son napped, I stayed in the room while my husband did laundry.

For travel, I planned on 1 diaper per hour... we had too much, but the alternative would not have been pretty.

thanks :) we are driving, (Dallas to Galveston..easy drive) and staying night prior in hotel. Great!

We did Canival Pride out of Baltimore with 8 mo old back in 2009. Since we were driving to port I overpacked and brought biggest box of diapers (2 sleeves full) and 2 tubs (Costco size) of baby wipes. It was way too much, but it didn't matter since we were not flying. I was breastfeeding, so didn't need formula. We brought food onboard, but he was happy to try table food too.

As for other things, bring:

- lightweight stroller (we took a pic with my DS in stroller in every ship venue :),

- TONS of ziplock baggies for dirty diapers/clothes,

- baby sunscreen ( i actually managed to forget that one and had to pay $$$ for questionable ship stuff till Port Canaveral),

- blow up tub (target has awesome ducky that fits very well in the shower stall, we also used it near pull area for DS to play in)

- Infant tylenol and single serve packs (dry) of Pedialyte (just in case). I took half of the CVS infant meds isle, but this was overreacting on my part :)

We didnt use the babysitting service since by the time they are open for under 2 set (10pm) we were both too pooped to go anywhere anyway.

Somewhere on this board there is a great packing list that you can customize to your needs, otherwise pack like you are going on the regular trip plus 25% extra for emergency. Even in Mexico you can find diapers and wipes, especially in cruiseport (did that in Cozumel last year).

We did Canival Pride out of Baltimore with 8 mo old back in 2009. Since we were driving to port I overpacked and brought biggest box of diapers (2 sleeves full) and 2 tubs (Costco size) of baby wipes. It was way too much, but it didn't matter since we were not flying. I was breastfeeding, so didn't need formula. We brought food onboard, but he was happy to try table food too.

As for other things, bring:

- lightweight stroller (we took a pic with my DS in stroller in every ship venue :),

- TONS of ziplock baggies for dirty diapers/clothes,

- baby sunscreen ( i actually managed to forget that one and had to pay $$$ for questionable ship stuff till Port Canaveral),

- blow up tub (target has awesome ducky that fits very well in the shower stall, we also used it near pull area for DS to play in)

- Infant tylenol and single serve packs (dry) of Pedialyte (just in case). I took half of the CVS infant meds isle, but this was overreacting on my part :)

We didnt use the babysitting service since by the time they are open for under 2 set (10pm) we were both too pooped to go anywhere anyway.

Somewhere on this board there is a great packing list that you can customize to your needs, otherwise pack like you are going on the regular trip plus 25% extra for emergency. Even in Mexico you can find diapers and wipes, especially in cruiseport (did that in Cozumel last year).

Thanks Nattie...very helpful!

Archived