Quick Small Appliance Question

Nickles

I know that you cannot bring irons with you because of fire hazards, but what about a small travel steamer? Are you allowed to bring that? Also, can I bring a flat straightening iron for my hair?

You can try; but while standing in line for the naughty room on Radiance (they wanted to look at our bottled waters) we saw a table piled with irons, steamers, curling irons, etc. The shape of a flat straightening iron might not be familiar to the x-ray machine operator so that might get through.

You should be able to bring your hair straightener, but I'd pack that in my carry-on since you wouldn't want it to get broken with the bags being thrown around.

I don't believe you can bring a travel steamer. Try Wrinkle Release spray, hanging clothes in the bathroom while you are showering, pay the small fee to have them pressed, or just wear your clothes slightly wrinkled ;).

my mom carries a steamer with her for a wig and its never been confiscated. i always bring a straightening iron and i've never had a problem either. this coming cruise will be the first i'm bringing a curling iron and i HOPE it gets through, because my new hair style NEEDS it. yikes.

Archived