cabin question

travellingnana

I have just booked a 2013 Panama Canal trip going from LA to FLL on the Coral Princess. There were only a few cabin choices left in my category, and I chose B502. I am concerned about the noise from the elevators and stairs. Does anyone have any input/comments? If it's going to be bad, I'd rather wait until 2014 to go. Thank you.

I've not been in that particular cabin but have had ones close to stairs/lifts and never had any problems with noise. The cabins seem well insulated. I have found these cabins to be handy for getting around the ship more quickly.

Enjoy your cruise

I've not sailed on Coral Princess but my wife and I had a cabin very near the elevators on the Caribbean Princess and didn't notice any noise issues for the entire time we were on the cruise. FWIW, both my wife and I are "early to bed; early to rise" types so we would have been trying to sleep during the times when the elevators were in heavy use by the night owls.

I have just booked a 2013 Panama Canal trip going from LA to FLL on the Coral Princess. There were only a few cabin choices left in my category, and I chose B502. I am concerned about the noise from the elevators and stairs. Does anyone have any input/comments? If it's going to be bad, I'd rather wait until 2014 to go. Thank you.
I've had many cabins right at the elevators/stairs and, in fact, deliberately booked C701 for my upcoming cruise. I've never had a problem with noise. I've had problems with noise when booked in cabins away from the elevators and stairs but then there are sometimes rude people and you can't anticipate that.

I've not been in that particular cabin but have had ones close to stairs/lifts and never had any problems with noise. The cabins seem well insulated. I have found these cabins to be handy for getting around the ship more quickly.

Enjoy your cruise

I agree with this. We did this same cruise on the Coral 2 years ago and it was lovely. I particularly liked the Coral for the rear decks which we called "the back porch". A lovely place to stand at the rail, or sit/snooze in a lounge chair in the shade. Now that there is no smoking even better! We were 10 cabins from the back door to the deck and 3 cabins from the aft staircase/elevator and NO problems with noise. Can't tell which side to choose because going through the canal there are 2 channels and only the canal gods and the pilots know which you will go through. Back deck can get to side and somewhere along there the photographers take pictures of you in the Canal. Wear a shirt or have a sign that folks can see.

Yes, elevators will not be much of an issue BUT being below a bar or saloon or late night club was very BAD on my 1st cruise.

Gotta check out your floor plans ahead of time

Yes - my wife posted the deck chair towel reserving issue and got alot of flack over it - she moved our cruise date back a month !!!!!!!!

NCL cruises DO NOT LIKE their deck chairs to be un -reserved !!!!

Archived