Bringing cans of Diet Coke?

CRUZFOOLS

We just got back from sailing out of Galveston on the Mariner. My husband packed cans of Mtn Dew in his carry-on and mine. My daughter packed water bottles in her carry-on. All got through, no problem. Cans of Mtn Dew were also in my daughters checked luggage...it also got through.

All our luggage showed up promptly except mine. At midnight the first night I went to Guest Relations. They asked my if I had any liquids in my luggage. Just shampoo and a small 3 oz. bottle of rubbing alcohol. She checked a quite extensive list of luggage that was being "held" for liquids. Mine was not on it. About a half hour later it showed up in my stateroom. My shampoo bottle was crushed and my bottle of rubbing alcohol had obviously been opened and it leaked out all over the large ziplock bag I put it in. Nothing else was damaged. I have no idea why mine was held for 6 hours and yet the ones with the soda/pop cans were delivered with no problem.

always brought soda and water on every cruise we have been on. Throw an extra luggage tag on it, hand it to the porter, and it always made it. Bought Pepsi at Key West both times we were there and brought it onboard, no issues. (and never had rum runners fail either, FYI)....:D

We are going on the serenade of the seas in oct to the med departing from Barcelona, my questions are 1) I know you cannot take wine onboard, how much does the wine package cost (sterling) 2) can I get caffiene diet coke onboard.

Can't help you on the wine package. However, for the Diet Coke...if you mean "caffeine free" then the answer is no you can't get it on board. If you are looking for DC with caffeine...then yes it is sold onboard. I was able to take on CFDC in December only after I explained to on-board security that I could not drink the DC with caffeine due to a medical condition (which I offered to provide documentation for).

Archived