concierge rooms

Lonedaddy

Lonedaddy

try this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1529449&highlight=concierge

This older thread may answer your question

I have found all the Oceania "regulars" very helpful in answering my questions about my 1st Oceania cruise in April! I also use the "search this thread" to find answers to the questions I have. . . . that have been asked and answered earlier;)

Enjoy your cruise!

thank you

I did see this and had a question

"For my next cruise on the Riviera, I booked a B4 with an extended balcony. I think I'll get more use out of the extended balcony than I did the Concierge lounge. With the $ saved I'll book a dinner or two in La Reserve and not have to worry about begging the concierge for additional restaurant reservations."

Are there extra charges for the specialty resturaunts on oceania?

I have read that the Concierge Lounge is basically open to anyone since they do not check your room number. I also read this is true for the special spa area supposedly only open to concierge and higher rooms. Has anyone else had this experience?

I have read that the Concierge Lounge is basically open to anyone since they do not check your room number. I also read this is true for the special spa area supposedly only open to concierge and higher rooms. Has anyone else had this experience?

The statement that was made was that those areas "might as well be open to everyone" because room keys were not checked before access, however, neither of those areas is officially "open" to those who do not book at least a concierge cabin.

For me at least, fear of the mortification of being tossed out would outweigh any momentary pleasure I might get from "sneaking in", so a closely guarded entrance would not be needed. :o

Room keys are supposed to be coded so that only a Concierge Class room key will open the door to the Concierge Lounge. We just returned from the 1/3 Marina sailing (in Concierge Class) and liked the lounge a lot. There were snacks during the day and we found the concierge to be very helpful.

Another advantage of Concierge Class was that you get access to a much fuller room service breakfast menu, if that's something you want. We really like having our breakfasts on the veranda so this is significant for us.

I also read this is true for the special spa area supposedly only open to concierge and higher rooms. Has anyone else had this experience?

Keep in mind the special spa deck is also open to ANYONE who has a spa treatment (1 hour prior or post treatment) also spa day passes are available for those that pay a fee

I am still not sure how one knows who is not allowed unless the spa deck police go around asking for cabin numbers :eek:

Maybe wristbands of different colours would solve the problem of entitlement :rolleyes:

On our Marina cruise in Oct/Nov 2011 we had a forward A4 Concierge cabin on Deck 9, and we used the Concierge Lounge frequently for a quick grab-n-go breakfast. However, it was often crowded - and I do not remember having to swipe my room key to get in.

I noticed engineers working on the door locks/handles to the CL more than once. Perhaps if there is supposed to be access control, repairs were needed that couldn't be made during our trip. It would be nice to think that only people who had paid to use the lounge were doing so.

How useful the CL may be could also depend on your cabin location and your appetite for walking. It's a long haul from the stern to the CL, which might make it less appealing for those with aft cabins.

Re the actual concierge's services in the CL, he was pretty useless for us, although I heard mixed comments from other guests. One lady traveling alone was pleased with his guidance regarding certain port activities. But another person had such a negative experience with his unhelpfulness that she raised it to the attention of senior staff during the cruise. Our experience was that he actively seemed like he didn't want to be talking with guests or approached with any requests at all. I have to say, he was the ONLY staff person we encountered on Marina who didn't fall over themselves to be friendly and helpful.

Re the spa access (complimentary to those in Concierge level and above on Marina), I used the facilities a couple of times, and got a locker to secure belongings while in the whirlpool and steam room. To get a key you must leave your room card at the spa desk. Cards are color-coded by cabin category. So at least guests who obtain a locker key are 'screened' by the spa staff.

Archived