"LIVE" From the Allure of the Seas - 15 - 22 January 2012

Trainman

Between now and the Jewel sailing you will have time to teach Judith how to use your camera. I would love to sea (see) more pictures of you!!!!! Also set the delay and take photos of the two of you's.

Tell Judith thanks ahead of time.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

I noticed in your sig that you have sailed in two different rooms on the Allure. Which one did you like best and why? Which room are you sailing in on your next cruise.

I think that the real secret to room selection on the Oasis and Allure is as close as you can get to the aft elevators.

We like Deck 6 because it is close to the water and the sounds of the waves at night.

Also, from Deck 6 it is a quick walk down the stairs to the Royal Promenade and the Cafe or equally quick to the Boardwalk for coffee, donuts, Ice cream, and hot dogs.

The ships have gotten so big that we can no longer walk from one end to the other without sitting down and resting somewhere along the way. I do not use the hallways anymore. We either use the Royal Promenade or the pool deck because we can always find a chair for a break.

Good Morning Everyone.

I have completed uploading all of my photos to my PhotoBucket account. You can see them all here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Trainman-2/2012%20Allure%20January/

Also, Robin, one of our friends from our M&M thread posted hundreds of photos on her FaceBook Page. You can see them here:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2546477303404.2136447.1297938025&type=1

Robin also posted the sailaway photos from the Port Everglades Web Cam here:

http://www.inletphotos.com/keyword/wave#!i=1676775362&k=3ZfCP6d

There are enough photos at the above links to keep you busy for awhile!

It was so nice meeting & cruising with you and Judith. It took a few hours to get through all the pages of your thread. Great pictures. Amazing Ship & met amazing friends. Wish we were still on the ship. Hope to meet both of you again on a future cruise. We have been blessed to meet Trainman 2 & Judith on the Allure & Radio on the Oasis. Ronnie & Grant

"We had a safe and uneventful drive to the port from our home. Departed Palm Coast at 6:30 am and arrived in the parking lot at the port at 10:00 am."

Loved following along on your cruise! Which parking facility did you use at Port Everglades?

Trainman, I am more of a lurker than a poster, but I must tell you that I thoroughly enjoy reading all your "Live" trip reports. Since you have been on both the Oasis and Allure, can you tell me if the Oasis has the same problem with the balcony doors having to be locked in order for the air conditioning to be on? I'm trying to decide between the two ships and this could be the deciding factor. I wouldn't want to be locked out on the balcony.

Best of luck to you and Judith. Looking forward to your Jewel cruise.

Trainman. I just did a 2 hour read on your complete post, all 26 pages. I didn't see or getting old and missed it: What is the cost of Capt Hook Priate excursion in Falmouth, Jamaica? Did you book by internet and did you prepay? I tried the link you had posted and it didn't work for me , I just googled Capt Hook Falmouth and one came up. I went to their site and it shows night show, is this the one you went on? Any pertinent info appreciated. Many thanks. Enjoyed the read, thanks.

Which parking facility did you use at Port Everglades?

We used RCI's Parking lot right next to the ship. There are a bunch of handicapped spaces there close to the terminal. The cost was $105.

We have figured out a way to "nest" our suitcases inside our walkers which makes it pretty easy to move them around.

There were no Porters available when we debarked (they were all going after families with a bunch of suitcases) so we pushed our through customs and right out to the car.

The good news is that I finally figured out, on the 4th cruise, how to get to I-595 from the parking lot. I should have figured it out before. When you leave the parking lot the exit has you turning to the right. What I did was turn left across 4 lanes of crazed taxi cab drivers but we made it and got onto I-595 which was a straight shot to I-95 north.

Since you have been on both the Oasis and Allure, can you tell me if the Oasis has the same problem with the balcony doors having to be locked in order for the air conditioning to be on?

Both the Oasis and the Allure have this "situation"

I don't use the word "Problem" because the ships were designed that way.

It is "good design" for the ship but a royal pain in the butt for the cruisers.

Briefly, there is a switch in the doors to the balconies. If the door is not fully closed and the handle in the down position then:

1. The A/C system shuts off

and

2. The heating system turns on.

The heating system turns on because the outside moisture coming into the cool room creates condensation which caused dripping from the ceiling and then the occupants get upset when they get dripped on. The condensation also causes problems with the wiring and controls in the ceiling.

There is no locking ability on the balcony and it is not possible to lock yourself out or keep the A/C Running while you are on the balcony.

I have put some thought into this and am drafting a letter to RCI. I will post it here when I send it off.

This can be fixed but it will not be easy and will be expensive.

Trainman. I just did a 2 hour read on your complete post, all 26 pages. I didn't see or getting old and missed it: What is the cost of Capt Hook Priate excursion in Falmouth, Jamaica? Did you book by internet and did you prepay? I tried the link you had posted and it didn't work for me , I just googled Capt Hook Falmouth and one came up. I went to their site and it shows night show, is this the one you went on? Any pertinent info appreciated. Many thanks. Enjoyed the read, thanks.

We booked the excursion through the RCI web site in advance.

This link to the RCI site may take you to the listing.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=FY85&DestinationCode=

The cost was $49 for adults 13 and up. Children 12 and under are free.

We booked the excursion through the RCI web site in advance.

This link to the RCI site may take you to the listing.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=FY85&DestinationCode=

The cost was $49 for adults 13 and up. Children 12 and under are free.

Many thanks for the quick reply: Have checked out site and definitly love the excursion. Going on FOS Sept 30th and will book it.

I guess this is the end everyone.

There is nothing left to say except that I am pleased that you all enjoy my live posts as much as I enjoy doing them.

Until April on the Jewell...

Bye for now,

Trainman-2

Thank you for taking us along! We look forward to the next installment!

• 3 weeks later...
Both the Oasis and the Allure have this "situation"

I don't use the word "Problem" because the ships were designed that way.

It is "good design" for the ship but a royal pain in the butt for the cruisers.

Briefly, there is a switch in the doors to the balconies. If the door is not fully closed and the handle in the down position then:

1. The A/C system shuts off

and

2. The heating system turns on.

The heating system turns on because the outside moisture coming into the cool room creates condensation which caused dripping from the ceiling and then the occupants get upset when they get dripped on. The condensation also causes problems with the wiring and controls in the ceiling.

There is no locking ability on the balcony and it is not possible to lock yourself out or keep the A/C Running while you are on the balcony.

I have put some thought into this and am drafting a letter to RCI. I will post it here when I send it off.

This can be fixed but it will not be easy and will be expensive.

We experienced the same "problem" with the A/C on Allure. I was told by maintenance to not use the balcony if I wanted to keep a cool room. :mad: Please keep us posted on the response from RCI regarding this "problem"? and when one of our fellow cruisers finds a solution - please share ;)

Archived