"LIVE" From the Allure of the Seas - 15 - 22 January 2012

Thank you Trainman, I just finished reading this review, we were sailing on the Equinox when you were sailing on the Allure. I enjoyed your photos very much and seeing Rev again was a joy. We sailed with her on the Oasis in Oct 2010. Looking forward to your next sailing.

I also want to thank Judith for sharing you with all of us.

Until your next cruise...

Suz

Trainman-2 and RevSmith

Thanks for the recommendation. We were on HAL 2 weeks ago and met friends from NCL there for lunch. Great food and atmosphere. I love trying new places. Our friends were a little converned getting off the beaten path .. but they loved it.

Carol may be gone but so many memories remain and will always be with me. I am lucky that Judith understands. She has memories of her husband too. But we are building a new life together and supporting each other.

This was such a truly beautiful thing you wrote. It brought tears to my eyes (the good kind). Thank you for sharing that beautiful moment, and for writing this very informative review. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

• 1 month later...

Hi Trainman! I just read your Live review from your allure cruise here. Thank you for posting all this! I enjoyed it so much and feel like I know you! I live in Jacksonville, FL. My hubby is retired NAVY (just last year, 30 years) and we have been on 3 R/C cruises, mariner, Freedom and Oasis. Last year we took Celebrity Eclipse and enjoyed it as well. Our balcony cabin on oasis (2010) had the same A/C problem. Our room was always warm. I am taking my mom on Oasis in 3 weeks, I hope our a/c works! we will be in cabin 8208, do you know if it's "backwards" I hope not. I switched from a cabin further aft on 8 b/c it was adjoining room and I wanted a couch vs. that uncomfortable chair (learned that from Freedom cruise).

I can't wait to show my mom around this ship. She lives in NC and we don't see each other very often anymore. I bought a transport wheelchair so I can push her around since she doesn't walk very far.

We leave on April 28th, western.

Thanks again!

Lisa from jax

• 3 months later...

I learned this from another post: Look for "adjoining cabins". On port side, Cabin cabin closest to bow (nearest forward of boat) side of joined door will be w/ bed near CLOSET. Cabin closest to stern (aft) side of joined door will be with bed by balcony. (most desired). Every other cabin from there on in both directions will be the same. Switches bed by closet, bed by balcony. Reverse this on Starboard side of boat.

Sounds confusing but makes sense f you look at deck plan. Hope this helps,

I learned this from another post: Look for "adjoining cabins". On port side, Cabin cabin closest to bow (nearest forward of boat) side of joined door will be w/ bed near CLOSET. Cabin closest to stern (aft) side of joined door will be with bed by balcony. (most desired). Every other cabin from there on in both directions will be the same. Switches bed by closet, bed by balcony. Reverse this on Starboard side of boat.

Sounds confusing but makes sense f you look at deck plan. Hope this helps,

This is actually not correct.

Archived