Looking for advice for a 1st time Carnival Cruiser

CaribeDiver

My DW, DS and I are cruising the Magic in 3 weeks and we are looking for advice from the Carnival loyal on things they would recommend. We have been loyal to Royal but are starting to branch out as we have taken one NCL cruise on the Spirit (not too good) and are now taking the Magic since it is based in Galveston. So, we would like to compile a list of ALL things people would recommend for us to do, see, eat, etc while onboard the Magic/carnival ships in general. Also, DS is going to turn 5 the week before we go so, any camp carnival advice/tricks would be welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Here's a numberred list for people to copy & paste.

etc.

:):):):):):)

If you have already been on a cruise before, than you know the routine. Carnival is not any different than RC except you will see the word "FUN" plastered everywhere.

There is not any inside information that you cannot you need to learn to make things easier. Just do the things you like and you will be fine.

Park yourself here, on the Panorama Deck...

Picture321.jpg

and enjoy a movie on the SeaSide Theater...

Picture319.jpg

Included on that 'Must Do' list is Cucina del Capitano, the Italian restaurant. During the day time it's a free pasta bar... at night it's an exceptional Itailian Restaurant. I heard the price recently rose to $11/person for the evening fare...

Picture216.jpg

Picture218.jpg

Picture220.jpg

The aft, Adults Only, pool is one of my favorite spots on the ship...

Picture221.jpg

Are there any Carnival foods that are served on most ships that people suggest eating? I know on RCCL it's the honey stung chicken on 1st day and on NCL it's the pretzel rolls. I know that I will experience some of the same things on Carnival as other lines but, I am just looking for suggestions from people about things that are unique to Carnival. Also, does anyone have any particular info about Camp Carnival? How many days do they have the eat dinner at camp option? THX:)

I would like to know these things as well. We will be sailing on the Splendor in April and can't wait. Should make for a nice change from Princess... Although I love Princess, a little shake up should be fun! I am really looking forward to it. Any and all information will be very welcome! Thank you!

Are there any Carnival foods that are served on most ships that people suggest eating? I know on RCCL it's the honey stung chicken on 1st day and on NCL it's the pretzel rolls. I know that I will experience some of the same things on Carnival as other lines but, I am just looking for suggestions from people about things that are unique to Carnival. Also, does anyone have any particular info about Camp Carnival? How many days do they have the eat dinner at camp option? THX:)

Mongolian wok and warm chocolate melting cake.

Here is a link to the menus just so you can pick what food you might be interested in. I do enjoy the chocolate melting cake, but they certainly have plenty of options. This has spots to the specialty restaurants/pub too.

As for the Camp Carnival eating....I'm trying to remember. I believe most nights they had the option.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/menus/CarnivalCruiseLineMenus.htm

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake is a wonderful desert- similar to Lava or Flour-less cake, with a warm fudge center. Ask for 2 ice-creams (sugarless if you're on a diet).

Soft-served frozen yogurt & ice cream are offered 24 hours a day (unless they are filling the machines)

What's the flat iron steak like? What foods would you recommend staying away from? Do you have to pay to eat lunch at El Capitano? What do they serve for lunch there? Is there a minimum age to go down the big water slides and to do the elevated obstacle course?

What's the flat iron steak like? What foods would you recommend staying away from? Do you have to pay to eat lunch at El Capitano? What do they serve for lunch there? Is there a minimum age to go down the big water slides and to do the elevated obstacle course?

My son loves the flat iron.

I'm a fairly picky eater and I never found anything on the menu in MDR that wasn't wonderful. It's not like food I can get around here, they always stick stuff like a carrots/broccoli/cauliflower mix for the vegetable, which I think is great on someone else's plate. But they aren't going to get me corn on the cob, so what I don't like, I don't eat. Flat iron steak, prime rib, chicken breast, pasta, it's all good. Unless you have an allergy to something, or a food snob ( I think Long John Silver's has the best fish anywhere) I can't imagine you not finding something on the menu. Even at the buffets, they have these international cuisine things, and I've had awesome chicken and beef and potatoes there, even when I couldn't really tell what it was swimming in. All delicious. If you decide you don't like it, just politely let your waiter know that you would like to have something else. My friend points at the menu and says, "I can't decide, should I get this or this?" and they bring her both. Then she says, "Oh, I didn't mean to bring me both!" and proceeds to eat it all. Every. Single. Meal. she did this, either with an appetizer, entree or dessert. They are very very accomodating.

Archived