Epic - switching rooms so my DH and I can share a room

jhryb

My family of 4 (kids aged 14 and 13) will be sailing on the Epic. We have side by side inside staterooms. I had to book my daughter and I in one stateroom and my husband and son in the second stateroom. There is no door connecting the two staterooms. Is there any way that we will be able to work it so that my kids share one stateroom and my husband and I share the other stateroom (without switching room keys). Will NCL allow us to do this when we get on the ship (so our room keys correctly correspond the the rooms that we want to be in)?

Thanks

We have done this twice. Having to register one adult with underage child in each room. We then switched to have the 2 kids (ages 14 and 10) in one room and we parents in the other.

Unfortunately you will have to play musical key cards, because you will receive the card that goes with your registered room. It really wasn't an issue at all as we were mostly off the ship together. Then on the ship we changed cards so kids could get in their room. It is just one of the rules that you will have to work around for your own benefit.

They really don't like you doing this. Too bad you didn't get adjoining doors, but it really will work out ok.

Good luck.

You can keep the cards as issued, but ask for a key-card for each room (just a key -- no charging or ID)...the front desk can do this. You just then have to remember which card to use as the key.

Thanks - this is great news - I hope that they will do this for us.

My husband and I will want charging privileges on our cards so we defintely won't want to switch cards with our kids.

Note also that your ship's card serves as an ID....when swiped on the ship's computers, the picture associated with that card shows on the screen...no match and there will be problems getting off and on the ship.

so...the original cards should stay with the person who originally got it.

Also, NCL cuts the corner of Minor Kids cards to help in the non service of alcohol to minors. If you switch cards and you wanted to order an alcoholic drink, you wouldn't be able to.

I've always just asked for extra key cards as needed

we have done this on other ships and all we did was once onboard you go to the front desk and just say you are swicthing cabins with the one child and I have never heard of anyone having a problem with doing this? they just cant reserve the cabins that way. I would like to know if this is a problem with NCl Thanks

we have done this on other ships and all we did was once onboard you go to the front desk and just say you are swicthing cabins with the one child and I have never heard of anyone having a problem with doing this? they just cant reserve the cabins that way. I would like to know if this is a problem with NCl Thanks

We just did it on the Sun. No problem at all. However, I wouldn't rub nose in it by saying that the reason is to switch passengers - just indicate you want everyone to be able to access both rooms.

We are facing this same situation with our 13 and 14 year olds for our cruise next year. So it is good to hear that we can all get our key cards changed to access both rooms. This sounds much better than playing musical key cards. Thanks TrinaLC!

We have too many kids to travel ANYWHERE without having multiple rooms. We make sure to take a sharpie and mark the keys so we know which goes to which room.

The sharpie was justwhatI was going to suggest since the first time we got the extra card I got confused...Now I simply write EXTRA ACCESS TO XXXX room....obvious, but do not write roomnumber just the persons name...

We did this on the Sky and the only problem I ran into is when I gave my card to someone for a purchase they always asked me for the room number. I invariably gave them the room number I was staying in versus the one I was assigned too. Fortunately everyone had a good sense of humor about it.:)

Archived