solo 60 yr female UK- (non-party)ship ideas?

fraj1

Just because there are activities going on that you might not wish to take part in, doesn't mean you have to cross any cruise line off the list. No passenger is forced to take part in any parties or activities and you can be as active or as leisurely as you wish.

I would suggest HAL, Celebrity or Princess and if you have a larger budget, also Crystal. Crystal has a very active bridge program for beginners or for expert players.

Hal for sure. I would also suggest not cruising so much in the summer when kids are off. I know that there are lines that are considered party cruises, but I've been on them, and I just don't party with them. NCL in October the average age on our cruise to Canada was 65. That included the few kids in the average. Younger people have to work and cannot take as many cruises during the year, especially with their kids as they have school.

Nancy

I'm 60 and cruised solo for the first time last year. I'm a RCCL fan. The pre cruise roll calls are usually quite active and I made loads of friends before boarding. So long as 25 people sign up Cruise Critic arranges a Meet & Mingle on board.

We organised tours ashore together. I was my own boss and could be with others if I wanted. Doing the same thing later this year with some of the same people. So although travelling solo I'm alone whenever I want to be.

I haven't seen Carnival listed here from responders, but I am over 60, and can always find something to do. I have cruised Holland American, NCL, RCCL and Princess, as well as Carnival. On most of these cruises (about 14 or more in 20 years), I have come across people (ladies, young/old) who are on their own, and don't seem to mind mingling with all the other people. I always cruise with a friend (lady), but many a time we will go our separate ways, and then join each other later.

Some of the suggestions you have received about Springtime when college kids are cruising, is correct, as well as other suggestions.

I haven't seen Carnival listed here from responders, but I am over 60, and can always find something to do. I have cruised Holland American, NCL, RCCL and Princess, as well as Carnival. On most of these cruises (about 14 or more in 20 years), I have come across people (ladies, young/old) who are on their own, and don't seem to mind mingling with all the other people. I always cruise with a friend (lady), but many a time we will go our separate ways, and then join each other later.

Some of the suggestions you have received about Springtime when college kids are cruising, is correct, as well as other suggestions.

I did 21 days solo b2b2b on Carnival (long story). I went during off time so there was an older group. They last cruise did fall on some school holiday for MIA that I didn't know about. But, the first two were perfect and I was treated extra special on all three.;)

I also did two 5 day b2b on Carnival but my daughter surprised me and joined me on the second.

I'm 60, UK, cruised before but not alone, looking for a ship where I can easily meet others same age, play bridge, watch shows but not late-night party type, any suggestions???? Thanks :)

Hello, I am a retired professional, quiet independent solo traveler and am seeking out about the same parameters you do; thus, I researched and booked with Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas a MIAMI to Barcelona Transatlantic sailing April 14.2012. The vessel offers many spots to retreat to as well as venues to mingle for temporary excitement and entertainment. I will report further details after cruise completion.

Other RCCL sailings I did in the past - delivered excactly what I am seeking.

I'm also a solo traveler booked on this cruise. However, as far as I know it is sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale and not Miami:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itinerary.do?hasSenior=&hasMilitary=&hasFireandPolice=&cruiseType=CO&state=&packageCode=LB14T068&date=201203

Has there been a change that RCCL hasn't officially announced?

Archived