Help!

Boatingmom

Sounds like the Vista class ships will keep everyone happy - Zuiderdam - Oosterdam - Westerdam.

But - if you are thinking about a cruise this summer to the Caribbean, the Zuiderdam will be only ship for HAL doing that itinerary.

Oosterdam will be doing Alaska this summer - don't know your budget - Alaska isn't cheap.

Westerdam will be in Europe this summer - also not cheap.

I agree. Start with a 7-day sailing to see how everyone likes it. The Caribbean tends to attract more families, so your youngsters will have plenty of other kids to meet. And the Zuiderdam offers lots of daily activities that even octogenerians will appreciate.

I'm supposed to cruise with my 80+ inlawa and my 6&8 year old children. Any suggestions for ships or itinerary to keep everybody happy???
80+ inlaws? Wow, forgive the personal question but are you Catholic or Mormon?

OP is from New York. Airfare would be much lower to FLL and Zuiderdam than to the West Coast to sail Mexico...if that is a consideration.

True, but I would not recommend that ship or that itinerary for a first time cruiser.

Easier, in that case, to suggest waiting for the Noordam to come to NYC...

I cannot recommend the Zuiderdam since I have not sailed on this ship but I would recommend a Caribbean cruise.

Airfare to the West Coast would probably be much higher and the longer flight would be much harder on 80 +.

Finally a chance to check the posts.

Jcrandle- I meant 80 years old not 80 in laws!:D Two are enough:rolleyes:

Have am taking the children to the southern on RCClLout of PR in a week. Last year we did the Eastern on Disney. They love to cruise. I love HAL since I went on my honeymoon on HAL so I was looking for something for Everyone to book for next year. Looks like I'll have to look into the Zuiderdam. BTW I'm not paying if I have to go with the In laws!!!

Does Hal still give mariner rewards or whatever they're called for past cruisers?

Archived