Dawn Princess

mrscruisequeen

Have recently booked the Dawn Princess Mexico Rivera cruise. Anyone have any updates on this ship. The reviews I've been reading on CC do not sound to good, however, we got a great deal and can drive to the ship in SF.

We have been on her sister ship, Sun Princess, when it was new and loved it.

Any info is appreciated.

Jeanne

We sailed the Dawn out of Puerto Rico April '04 and had a fantastic time. We had a great balcony cabin on Baja deck, had a very attentive cabin attendant, wonderful food, and a fabulous dining staff. We opted for PC dining and it worked out well for us. We made standing reservations for the entire week so we could have the same wait staff and table. Based on our experience, we would not hesitate to sail the ship again.

Hi Jeanne...we just got of the Dawn Princess last Saturday. She is a great ship. I have never been on the Grand or larger ships and have no desire to. We never felt crowded or had any problems whatsoever. I don't know what I will do if they do away with the Sun class of ships. The food was great, the staff of the Wheelhouse bar are fantastic - actually most of the staff are great. Some people can be very rude and I don't know what prevents the staff from sluggin them as I sometimes felt like doing.

We were on the Dawn in December 2004 and it was as wonderful as ever - I'd book it again tomorrow. You may have read some bad reviews because of scheduling problems prior to its November 2004 drydock, but as far as I've read, everything has run smoothly since that time. We had a great time on the ship in December and it was just beautiful, the food was great, and the service was perfect.

There were a group of about 25 of us all CC's on the Dawn back in March..we hada great time and are consitering her for the Mexican Riveria for next March..need I say more:D

We had a great waiter in PC and also mad standing reservations for the same table each night for 8-10 people, never ahd to wait more then a couple of minutes to be seated.

The ship was great, no problems..staff is good, friendly.

you will enjoy....:rolleyes: wish I was going now...

I just got off the dawn April 9th. I was on the same sailing as Perky. She is right, the ship never felt crowded at all and the staff was wonderful. We had a balcony cabin on the Riviera deck and it was great. Loved the cruise so much I have already booked 14 nights on the sea princess next year. Had the PC dining and there was never a wait and we didn't make reservations. After a few nights we found a waiter we really liked and just requested him every night when we arrived.

My husband, daughter and I sailed Princess for the first time this March. We absolutley loved the entire experience. Don't listen to anything negative you hear or read about this ship. :rolleyes: It was "ALL GOOD"....Have a wonderful time on your cruise.:)

We sailed the Dawn Feb/Mar as part of Seastar's group and had an absolutely wonderful time. Some of the threads about the Dawn were not so flattering but for us there was absolutely no problems! It's all what you make it. Enjoy and have fun!!!

MsCruise,

Which Dawn, Mexican Riveria cruise are you on?? There are group of us the were on the Dawn last March that are booked next March 10, 2006.:D If that date we have a rollcall started...join us.

I have seen very few 'poor reviews' of the Dawn. While she is not the best ship in the sea, she was great in 2002, I have been on the Sun, and am sailing on the Sea in Nov. I don't think that you should have any worries, other than the theater, which in my opinion should be larger. Have fun! :) john

Hi,

My husband and I are booked on the Feb. 8th. Mexican Riviera, Dawn cruise. I have a thread started but so far no one has signed up yet. Hope that is your datel I am not troubled about a few negatives. It seems you have gotten many positives on your thread about the ship. I have done the Coral and several other Princess ships and just did the Sun in Feb. I really liked them all.

Archived