Beach Day: Valuables

Yvonne

If we decide to take a taxi to a beach while we're in St. Thomas, what do you do with your bag and valuables while you're in the water? Maybe I should take a disposable camera for photos that day, and leave my good camera on the ship?

I leave my stuff on the beach....I don't bring anything "valuable"...and I keep an eye on my stuff! You aren't THAT far away! Unless you're doing marathon swimming, you'll be able to watch your things.

No one wants your flip-flops or tee shirt. I bring a ratty paperback and use my ship's key/credit card as a bookmark.

And, if you must keep the stuff on you, it can get wet...your credit card and ship key are plastic...even cash can get wet!!!!

I leave my stuff on the beach....I don't bring anything "valuable"...and I keep an eye on my stuff! You aren't THAT far away! Unless you're doing marathon swimming, you'll be able to watch your things.

No one wants your flip-flops or tee shirt. I bring a ratty paperback and use my ship's key/credit card as a bookmark.

And, if you must keep the stuff on you, it can get wet...your credit card and ship key are plastic...even cash can get wet!!!!

Not worried about my flip flops or t-shirt. :) It's my camera that I worry about, would hate to have that stolen.

I have a small water wallet that is on a cord that I wear. It is just big enough for ID, credit card, ship card and some cash.

Same for me. I leave ALL valuables at home and those things like gold earrings, purses, cameras, phones, etc. stay locked in the cabin's safe. I also try to blend in and not be an overt tourist, more for safety than anything else. Have fun!

I take my credit card, cash, and ship key card in my pocket into the water. The water won't hurt them although the cash can get a little soggy but it dries. I have a water-proof camera which I use for swimming/snorkeling. I just leave sandals and shirt on the shore and try to keep half an eye on them.

Good camera stays in safe on ship.

We do the same, my boyfriend puts our stuff in an inside pocket of his swim trunks. The beach bag is left unattended with towels, camera and sunscreen. But we do keep an eye on our stuff from water. Shops in port really dont mind soggy money, infact I think their quite use to it myself bc they have never asked why it's wet?! Lol Enjoy your cruise!

Archived