Transcripts from Concordia Disaster

nessz79

That is just unbelievable!!

I think it is perhaps UNbelievable........how irresponsible of the Italian Port Authorities to release this information prematurely........it's smacks of a hoax to me........

The captain was told to get back on the ship. See the link for what was released from the transcripts between the captain and the port authority and coast guard.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/17/port-authority-to-cruise-ship-captain-get-on-board-damn-it/?hpt=hp_t2

Thank you..definitely validates the reports..wth over 1000's living through this he blank blank..people saw and witnessed..glad they released this..for their sakes..can not see this validation hurting any claims possible..sarah

This belongs in this section too....Sarah

Body language analysis..and saying exactly what he said...as per translating in English..narrator allows that error possible but it speaks volumes... Captain in a short interview...

Calling this guy a coward is an insult to other cowards out there. His lack of responsibility and action resulted in who knows how many unnecessary deaths. I don't know what they can hold him accountable for, but I hope he never sees the outside of a prison again.

From new reports out, he has been released to home arrest.

I think it is perhaps UNbelievable........how irresponsible of the Italian Port Authorities to release this information prematurely........it's smacks of a hoax to me........

I don't see in the article anything saying this was released by the Coast Guard. Scanner enthusiasts frequently record these things themselves. No different then giving phone video to a TV news station.

And if it was the Coast Guard, what makes it irresponsible? Evidence is released to the public all the time in criminal cases.

Huh? I think a news company like CNN probably checks things out before it posts things like this. It's not like it came from the National Enquirer.

I think you are right.....and I also think this ship is still cruising somewhere in the Mediterranean!

lol!

Please don't think that all captains would respond the way this one did....I think most of them probably do their jobs very well and would take full responsibility for their actions.

I agree, but I think this will create a stigma with the public that Italian captians and officers cut and run at the first sign of trouble.

Please don't think that all captains would respond the way this one did....I think most of them probably do their jobs very well and would take full responsibility for their actions.

Hope I never find out. But if you look at some 20th century history about ship emergencies, you might not be so confidant.

I decided long ago that in a ship emergency, I would assume I'm on my own. I don't expect stewards and waiters to be any help. I don't imagine there will be enough officers to go around. But I know how to put on a vest and where my muster station is. I know not to jump into the water unless there is no other alternative. I expect my fellow cruisers to go nuts, and would probably be more concerned with them then anything else.

Archived