Frustrated

We are considering a b2b on two different ships. I researched the prices on the particular websites then emailed two different TAs. One TA gave me the same price as on the website. The other TA gave me higher prices!! Neither offered perks.

Wouldn't it be beneficial for me just to go ahead and book on my own?? I have used a TA in the past but she doesn't get back to me for a long period of time that is why I'm researching different TAs.

Carol

Technically not a B2B but 2 separate cruises

If you are not happy book direct or keep shopping around

depending on the cruiseline you are looking at most do not allow discounting by TA's but some TA's will offer perks as an incentive

Ask friends family who they use & if the are happy with the services

Unfortunately, over the past ten years or so, TA's don't make the commisions like they used to. The airlines don't offer commisions at all, and the cruise lines pay less than they used to. So, for a number of travel agents, there's no incentive to go above and beyond offering basic services. Of course, there are the exceptions, but it can be difficult to find an outstanding agent that will go the extra mile to help a customer get exactly what they want. A lot of people are finding that, by going on the web, they can do a little research themselves to get the kind of cruise they want. I'm currently researching air fares for our upcoming cruise, and I'm finding that the fares on each of the airlines' websites (American, Delta, etc.) are actually cheaper than going through any of the online travel agencies. As others have suggested, you may find it much simpler to book directly through the cruise line.

The beauty of booking directly with the carrier is that if you have questions or issues you deal directly with the source. The cruise line will only deal with the TA if you have issues. And then there is the waiting on the TA to return calls and for those of us who want answers when the issue or question strikes it is alot less frustrating to just deal directly with the cruise lines. I have done it both ways and if I am doing a short notice cruise it is not so bad but if I have booked months out it makes me crazy to have to wait on the TA to work out the issue. But to each his own.:D The TA's incentives have to be huge.

We are considering a b2b on two different ships. I researched the prices on the particular websites then emailed two different TAs. One TA gave me the same price as on the website. The other TA gave me higher prices!! Neither offered perks.

Wouldn't it be beneficial for me just to go ahead and book on my own?? I have used a TA in the past but she doesn't get back to me for a long period of time that is why I'm researching different TAs.

Carol

Hi Carol,

We also found it a long day trying loads of different TA's and in the end we went direct with Celebrity Cruises and although they were slightly more expensive up front we did

get $300 dollars on board credit (which the TA couldnt offer)and also no credit card charge(the TA was charging us between 3-4% interest) also 12 weeks until final payment( TA wanted paid 8 weeks before cruise) we felt we had a better deal alround . Good luck

We aren't allowed to mention TA's by name on here, but I will say that I got a very good deal with an online TA for my upcoming cruise (7 nights, not b2b) and I see that this online agency is constantly offering nice perks for several different cruise lines. I did my research before booking, and basically I got the same rate as through the cruise line (and anywhere else), but got my gratuities paid for, dinner in a specialty restaurant, $100 OBC, and some free jewelry. Now, I don't much care about the jewelry or even the specialty dining, but the other more important perks alone are worth nearly $300. And the perks altogether are worth almost $500. So keep researching different options... Or in the end you may find you're better off going directly through the cruise line. :o

Carol

I get better deal with cruise line web site then book on cruise line 800 no.

Archived