Yankees

jcruise67

Chances are between slim and none. Princess (and other cruiselines) will pay the huge costs to broadcast primetime U.S. TV programming only for major events. Most people don't realize that the cruiseline has to pay megabucks for the rights to broadcast not to mention the complication of paying actors in ads, etc. It can run well into 6 figures for an event such as the Superbowl.

We tend to think of network programming as "free", forgetting that the ship is not a U.S. ship and we're not travelling in U.S. waters.

jcruise67: I was just wondering the SAME thing! My first trip is in June....guess i can survive without seeing a FEW games this season (although i will be at the stadium the day i return to see Yanks vs. Mets)...

Its the second trip in Oct. that has me worried! Should be during the first round of playoff games....

Does anyone know if ships with "sports bars" show the games...esp. the playoffs??!!

I am not sure what they show, but on the Golden, the Sports Bar forward just behind the Princess Theater usually has two or three TV's with various sports programming on. The drawback to this area is that it is also the official cigar smoking bar, so the atmosphere can be a little thick. But if you really need your sports fix, this is the place to look for it.

We just got back from the Diamond. ESPN had the NCAA finals on & they also had the Masters. I'm sure they will have the World Series on as well. But sorry to say, I don't believe the NYY will be playing in Oct.

Do the Yankees ever play anyone else besides Boston? :confused:

I am not sure what they show, but on the Golden, the Sports Bar forward just behind the Princess Theater usually has two or three TV's with various sports programming on. The drawback to this area is that it is also the official cigar smoking bar, so the atmosphere can be a little thick. But if you really need your sports fix, this is the place to look for it.

Now this is what I'm talking about!!! Cigars, Cold Beer, and sports on TV. Nothing like a Habanos during your favorite sport on TV. I wonder what sports the Golden will be showing next week. I'm assuming their would have to be some live sports on TV. I'll check it out though.

John

I've seen lots of Yankee games on cruises. Things like how to push ahead of everyone to get on an elevator, let's brag about how well we've done in the market, let's complain about everything, etc. I've seen Southerners and Midwesterners also play these games--as well as a few folks from other countries.

Archived