Carnival's website is a mess and now so am I

pjhootch

I am pretty laid back and don't have panic attacks easily, but the Carnival site is glitchy tonight and just nearly sent me screaming out into the snowstorm!

We leave on Sunday on the Victory. I sat down to enter the funpass information... late but things have been crazy. SO crazy, that I have not been focused on the cruise at all and just booked our airfare to San Juan within the last couple of days.

So I'm filling out the online info and when it asked for travel information I decided to enter it. MISTAKE. I put in my flight numbers and it showed me flying to the Dominican Republic instead of into San Juan. okay. I know better since I'm looking at my flight confirmation... keep going. I enter my hotel information and get a big red ERROR message telling me I can't check in to a hotel AFTER the ship has sailed. What? Then the panic! For about 2 minutes I figured I must have gotten my sail date wrong, and booked all my air reservations for a day too late!

Once I was able to breathe again, I went and got the Carnival paperwork and I was correct about my sail date. The website was just messing with me.

Man I hate technology when it doesn't work.:rolleyes:

I give up. I guess I'll just have to go through all of this when I get to the pier.

This shocks me as Carnival has always had such I crack IT team:rolleyes:. Someday, they will even get some of their forms to work on IE7 or 8. Of course, we will be on IE15 by then. It's been over six months since they've screwed with the booking engine, so it's almost time for them to mess with that again.:rolleyes:

he hotel things is a known bug. But don't worry about those pieces of information- I'm not sure just what they do with it anyway although should they wish to it would allow them to determine if you were late arriving because of flight problems.

So, breath in and out- if you go running out into the snow and catch a cold (yes, I know- snow won't really give you a cold). Call Carnival and they will enter it for you. Technology is absolutely wonderful except when it isn't. This is an isn't time.

Ya was wacky but worked in favor to me! Prices were all over the board, but in the end we ended up upgrading from a 4a to a 6E for $40.00:p:p

Wow. Glad it worked out for someone! lol

I don't know what I was thinking. I never enter my travel info. I shouldn't have bothered this time. I never did finish though, because it kept taking me back to the passport info no matter how many times I entered it, just like it had never happened.

The site itself seems to get worse and worse each time I visit. Basic reference information is so much harder to find each time I go back there.

I think you have a plan. If it's just taking too long to enter, just do it all at the pier.

I also had an issue printing my FunPass (I know it's early, but normally I just get it done when I'm paid in full) and have never had a problem in the past. The pdf is opening up, then a dialog box pops up and says, "Access Denied" and it won't let me see or print. Is that a new feature that's time sensitive in some way? Or is that the website acting wonky?

Never mind their site - what's the Liberty doing today. DH was cruising Google Earth and came across this......

19 Jan 2012

d41fa80d.png

The ships aren't that close, but he needed to get it all into the picture.

perhaps that's the opposite of skywriting?

i've noticed we go in circles when we've made good time crossing a large expanse of ocean.

This shocks me as Carnival has always had such I crack IT team:rolleyes:. Someday, they will even get some of their forms to work on IE7 or 8. Of course, we will be on IE15 by then. It's been over six months since they've screwed with the booking engine, so it's almost time for them to mess with that again.:rolleyes:

Proud Indulgent Rum And Tequilla Enjoyment Society

How do I join this club or am I already in ???

Archived